Hooterville 2016 - Oct. 6-9

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So who has the distinction of traveling the furthest distance to Hooterville? Airboss?

Last edited by a moderator:
Two drunks in a crappy truck wanted to play dark games on the road yesterday morning in the blackness and fog at 5:30am.

Scary at first, but not a big deal in the long run. For a minute there I thought I was in a bad movie.

...more in an RR.

Not claiming longest distance.

Did ride 1600 mile to visit family, but only another one 585 to Hooterville.

Two drunks in a crappy truck wanted to play dark games on the road yesterday morning in the blackness and fog at 5:30am.

Scary at first, but not a big deal in the long run. For a minute there I thought I was in a bad movie.

...more in an RR.
You're not in real trouble until you hear banjos.
I had earplugs in, and for all I know they had one in the back they wanted to shove up my ass.

I can't imagine how quickly the wheels went out from under the bike. No turn, no throttle, just pow!

You guys handled it great and hopefully everyone is safe at home with minimal damages. Removing that stator from the factory red-Loktite treated cover is good times. Hope you have better luck than I did and avoid drilling it out.

I can't imagine how quickly the wheels went out from under the bike. No turn, no throttle, just pow!
You guys handled it great and hopefully everyone is safe at home with minimal damages. Removing that stator from the factory red-Loktite treated cover is good times. Hope you have better luck than I did and avoid drilling it out.
I had the same thing happen in Palo Duro Canyon in Texas. The front just goes so quickly there's really nothing you can do. Glad everyone's OK.

Both of them were in remarkably pleasant moods. I would not have handled that so well.

It's a known hazard in the town.

I would send that video, along with the repair bill to that town's City Hall. No signs or warnings or anything? They need to fix your bikes.

I would send that video, along with the repair bill to that town's City Hall. No signs or warnings or anything? They need to fix your bikes.
This

FJR nominal prolly would've taken care of going across that mess.....

There was one sign on the right that she captioned "managed to miss that sign". That said, I agree the city should have liability here based on what the locals have said about how many bikes go down because of the slick moss/algae. It still hurts me to see this video two days later.

There was one sign on the right that she captioned "managed to miss that sign". That said, I agree the city should have liability here based on what the locals have said about how many bikes go down because of the slick moss/algae. It still hurts me to see this video two days later.
Slippery when wet signs usually apply to rainy conditions. This condition is obviously always wet, thus creating the condition that caused both bikes to get damage and whatever hurts the riders experienced. As you can see from the video, they were careful...and thus obeyed the sign. However, the conditions that the city has allowed to fester and grow, clearly caused the accident...not due to any rider's carelessness. The fact is, there is video showing someone coming to assist that was felled by that same algae.

Yellville needs that repair bill. That is unexcuseable, especially with the comments from the local that said bikes are going down there all the time, that they have asked the city to fix it...but the city has not done so.

The City of Yellville owns this condition until it is fixed.

It is likely that each one of us would have gone down at that spot.

I felt the same way when two bikes went down in the same turn at EOM. It was pure neglect on the of the part of the road crew that left the dirt in the road.

Difference there is with the water issue, that municipality appears to have been previously put on notice. Something to think about.

Judging from all the piled dirt in that spot, that area clearly gets a lot of cleanup by the city. All it needs is a good culvert and under-drain to permanently fix. No excuse, but they won't do anything until it costs them money not to.