I am trying to convert a 2020 Police FJR for 2 up riding.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock-it

Reaction score
There is a pretty good youtube video that gave me most of the answers. I need the three rear plastic fender pieces because the ones that came with it are cut down to fit that radio box. Since i will need to paint those pieces white, I would like to get them as cheap as possible. I should be able to get those pieces of any 2016 or newer bike, correct?

Attachments

• rear fender.png
    rear fender.png
    392 KB · Views: 0
There is a pretty good youtube video that gave me most of the answers. I need the three rear plastic fender pieces because the ones that came with it are cut down to fit that radio box. Since i will need to paint those pieces white, I would like to get them as cheap as possible. I should be able to get those pieces of any 2016 or newer bike, correct?
I may be mistaken, but I think any of the rear body parts are compatible between all bikes 2006+... ??
Check on-line parts fiche to verify. I compared one of the parts and prefix was different but number was the same. You may want to check it out because it may give you a lot more options for inexpensive parts on eBay or from a forum member.
Perhaps someone with specific experience can verify.

https://www.partzilla.com/catalog/yamaha/motorcycle/2019/fjr1300a-fjr13akgy/fender

Looks like you took a drink of Heinen's Kool Aid! If I didn't already have a 2018 ES, I would have one of those new police bikes in my garage by now. I always ride solo so that radio box/ hillbilly Corbin Smuggler would stay in place. I'm sure that you can convert it into a 2 up bike, but it is gonna take some work. Good luck to you just the same! Jevers

Are you plalime3 over on FJROwners.com? If so, I've already answered this question for you. What? Do you think the answer will change? I don't get it.

For two up, you probably should have just bought a normal FJR.

It's to bad that you didn't get to a Federal auction, In 2018 the feds and some states wanted some "unmarked" Yamaha motorcycles and started with 50 bikes. They converted the 50 bikes in stages, then realized they only needed 25. Mt bike looks like any other FJR except for the police bars and that under and behind the rear seat is hollowed out for the radio. Where the dash had the controls for the radio, siren, lights, etc I had an adapter plate made to mount a BMW GPS. At a Track Day I found out that the top speed of the bike was 131 MPH or 210 KPH, unlike the European bikes that can go 171 MPH

Ride Safe,
Tom Buckley