I need help with an '07 AE right front headlight adjuster panel

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobg3723

Reaction score
Hep meh hep meh plizz....

I'm missing the 4 fasteners to this '07 FJR1300AE right side headlight adjuster panel. Anybody know what I can substitute for these fasteners if I may have to substitute a non-yammi part?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/99360424@N04/9360074117/

I'm also missing the headlight adjuster knob, set screw (green) and clamping nut (yellow). And what is this spade lug wire (red).....duh what does it fasten to? Anybody have the part numbers so I can call around to see who has these on the shelf.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/99360424@N04/9362850082/in/photostream/lightbox/

Check out the parts fiche here for fasteners.

Select 'Headlight' fiche for the knob parts.

That spade lug is just the end terminus of the ambient/air temp sensor. It doesn't connect to anything; just hangs there like it is.

Cheers

It's pretty inexpensive to order up some new fasteners, knob and set screw so you have the right stuff.

In the future if you have to remove those panels take the adjuster cable off the back of the panel by unscrewing the collar on the backside of the cable, leaving the adjuster knob assembly in place on the panel.

It's pretty inexpensive to order up some new fasteners, knob and set screw so you have the right stuff.
In the future if you have to remove those panels take the adjuster cable off the back of the panel by unscrewing the collar on the backside of the cable, leaving the adjuster knob assembly in place on the panel.
+1

Yep, that's how I do it. Takes a bit of patience so you don't cross thread the collar onto the nylon fitting, but all in all it's much easier than the bone-headed method described in the FSM. I also install a small zip-tie just below the collar to prevent it from sliding down the cable.

Order a few extra fasteners while you're at it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, I went ahead and ordered the OEM parts (with spares as mentioned by prev poster). The process deliver ended up faster than I expected on such short notice and most items arrived from WI the next day. Thanks for the additional panel removal tips!