IBR Thanks!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

01VFR

Reaction score
One month ago I finished my first IBR riding into Ontario, CA. It was definitely an experience of a lifetime. I really wanted to send out this note of thanks much earlier but work and family really needed my attention....Anyways, here goes.

Pat Clark - Thanks for opening up your home to a total stranger and storing my bike for 2 weeks prior to the ride. You assisted in getting my bike preped and to the hotel with my gear so all I had to do was catch a shuttle from the airport. Not sure how I will ever be able to repay you for your hospitality. Not to mention my test ride on your Ducati - so sweet!

Dave Rookiard - Eastside Motorsports Service Manager - Thanks for opening up your shop on Memorial Day weekend to drop of the bike for tires and fluid change. Also huge thanks for fixing my poorly reinstalled injector connections and vaccuum lines (AVCC install). The bike ran flawlessly and the tires lasted 12,800+ miles.

Warchild - Thanks for convincing me to purchase heated gear (unbudgeted) 2 weeks before the rally. Although I only used it 2-3 days, it would have been impossible to ride non-stop from Bismark, ND to NE South Dakota to Minneapolis in constant rain. The heated gear also worked very well from Buffalo to Albany to Montpillar (constant rain as well).

Shane - Thanks for coming over to my house and helping locate my aux light wiring issues. I was getting ready to take them off and not use them for the rally. They were very helpful in northern Maine as I watched for very large moose.

Joe2lmaker - Thanks for making a superb aux fuel cell. It performed flawlessly. By the end of the rally, I was filling both the main and aux without getting off the bike! Also, thanks for being my point of contact in case I ran into a snag. I was really sweating the last 1,000 miles on the rear PR2. I think I saw more people on the side of the road with flats that last day than I have seen in my entire life!

Ynotride - Dan, what can I say? Total stranger (other than forum member) opens up his garage and offers to swap out my rear tire and change oil/filter on Friday morning so I can get home in time to see my family for the 4th of July. That PR2 was pretty square. Dan even shipped it back to me so I have a garage trophy.

Brick1 - Peter, thanks for being my roommate. I know it wasn't the same without Cam, but I really enjoyed the comaradie of a fellow FJR rider.

Mike K. and Lisa L. - Still can't believe it's all over. What a rally. It definitely wasn't what I was expecting but I enjoyed it nonetheless. 2013 doesn't look promising but 2015 might work.

And thanks to everyone else that I forgot to mention here. There were several FJR riders that I enjoyed seeing at the checkpoints and chatting with throughout the rally. What a top shelf group of guys. If I can ever be of assistance in the future to any rider in the area, please give me a call. I know I need to do some serious pay-it-forwards.

(I hope to add some pictures tomorrow).

Corey Nuehring

IBA #408

Corey,

Great having you as roomate as well. I'm not used to a roomate that doesn't snore, loudly!

And great run as well. Fourteenth place is something to be very proud of. I can safely say you win the fastest routing award.

After dinner on Sunday night, Corey and I went back to the room to do some "routing". By the time my computer booted up, Corey said "I know where I'm going!" and closed up his laptop and said "goodnight." That was fast!. I was still trying to figure out where Blaine, Washington was.

For a family guy who doesn't get to ride much that was some performance!

Congrats.

Peter Delean

North Bay, ON

Corey,

Congrats on an incredible finish! I remember you mentioning your concern over the rear tire going the distance at a checkpoint. Glad all worked out well for you.

Hey Corey,

Props for a great showing--you did yourself proud for sure!

Happy to know you, and hopefully we'll get to some more bike projects before you run the next IBR! :clapping:

Really looking forward to the pictures as well.

Shane

Joe2lmaker - Thanks for making a superb aux fuel cell. It performed flawlessly. By the end of the rally, I was filling both the main and aux without getting off the bike! Also, thanks for being my point of contact in case I ran into a snag. I was really sweating the last 1,000 miles on the rear PR2. I think I saw more people on the side of the road with flats that last day than I have seen in my entire life!
Thank you Corey! Everyone who owns a Tag-Along Tank has benefited from your patience and positive attitude as we worked through the issues in the first production run.

Very cool! I'll never have a three digit IBA number, but I get to be a part of it vicariously. Good job!

Last edited by a moderator: