Installation of Eastern Beaver PC-8 Fuse Block and Harness Question; Wiring map

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beachdancer

Reaction score
New to my 2010 FJR, and purchased an Eastern Beaver PC-8 Fuse Block with harness. My plan is to install under either driver or passenger seat. Any suggestions regarding location/use of switched power lead? Any illustrations or pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Second question - would appreciate link or directions to a wiring diagram for the 2010 - my bike came without an owner's manual or specific electrical documentation.

Thanks in advance - Scott

Dancer,

First of all, welcome to the forum. We'll be happy to try to help you out. I have a Gen 1, but the yellow wires going to the tail lights are the same on a Gen 2. You can find them under the left side cover, or just tap into them near the bulb like I did. There's your switched power. Under the side cover looked like a big rat's nest to me, so I decided to tap the wire in a more accessible location. I tend to do stuff the easy way rather than what some may call the "right" way. See the red jobbie connected to my yellow wire leading to the tail light bulb? I just used a cheapo clamp on plastic connector , figuring I'd replace it and "do it right" one day soon. Though it's worked perfectly for years, I certainly don't recommend using the kind of wire clamps shown in the picture below. FWIW, if it ever fails, I can get to it easy enough to do it right.

And concerning a wiring diagram, if you have any specific questions, just ask, maybe we can help. But you really should consider buying a shop manual. They're worth every dime.

Gary

darksider #44

CIMG1058.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Best place for a shop manual is a dealer or one of the online parts houses. There are some pirated versions out there, but you wouldn't want one of those.
no.gif
The Posi-Tap recommendation is a good one. I don't care where you install a fuse block, it is going to be subjected to some moisture, dirt and fumbling fingers. My solution.... under the rider's seat inside a Pelican case. Run wires thru gromets and further seal them with plumber's puddy. I even keep a couple of desicant packs in there to hold down the humidity.

IMG_0811_zps7e0a8284.jpg

I put my Eastern Beaver box under the drivers seat ... I looked at this a lot and came to the conclusion that everything I might want it to power would be at the front of the bike. The more central location made for easier installations going forward ...

I tapped off one of the headlight power leads for the relay power ... Up near the right side running light ...

I didn't route the wires under the gas tank. I followed the bundle of wires that already runs from the battery area back over the top of the clutch housing towards the ABS controller ... From there, I was able to get right into the under seat area ... Worked perfect ...

I put my Eastern Beaver box under the drivers seat ... I looked at this a lot and came to the conclusion that everything I might want it to power would be at the front of the bike. The more central location made for easier installations going forward ...
I tapped off one of the headlight power leads for the relay power ... Up near the right side running light ...

I didn't route the wires under the gas tank. I followed the bundle of wires that already runs from the battery area back over the top of the clutch housing towards the ABS controller ... From there, I was able to get right into the under seat area ... Worked perfect ...
Pictures take during my CC installation, shows the "official" route from battery area to under the seat.Click on image for larger view)

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the heated grip wire as my trigger wire. It gets power only after the bike is running. Also mounted under seat as it was a central location.

Mine is under drivers seat, tapped the windshield retract wire (I disconnected mine) since it was easy to get at with the front panels off. I ran the harness under the tank and heat shield.