Kenny Roberts "True American Heroes" Weekend FJ 09 Auction

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work
Reaction score
I stopped in to Clearwater Lights today and heard all about an upcoming charity dinner at Kenny Roberts' ranch in Modesto coming up in May. They'll be auctioning off a heavily customized 2017 FJ 09 they're transforming into some kind of super adventure bike with jacked-up suspension, a custom black/yellow Kenny Roberts-style paint job, and 19,500 lumens worth of Clearwater LED's (two "Ericas" and one "Sevina," replacing the headlight), among other things. The bike was in his shop today; the lights are about the first thing getting done.

Yamaha has been a sponsor of this event for at least five years, and looking at previous years' bikes that were auctioned, there'll be plenty more done. A previous event added "over $16,000 in accessories, options, and custom paint" to a YZF-R1. That year, Jay Leno was one of the auctioneers. Proceeds will go to the veterans' charity "True American Heroes." Probably won't make it, since the tix cost 600 bucks each. Should be more on this event in upcoming bike mags.

On an unrelated note, I mentioned our upcoming YFO rally in June--and Glenn offered to provide us with something for swag. I didn't ask, but I didn't turn him down, either.
smile.png
He's a very generous guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pic of the FJ?
When I was there it was just a stock blue FJ 09 with the front cowl pulled off--the new lights weren't even installed. Since it has to be finished by May, a lot will happen fast after that. There should be plenty of pics later when it takes shape. Hope one of the folks here who get all the m/c mags posts a link if they see something on it.