Long awaited trip, Colorado in September

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happened to day 4?
Sumbitch.

Copy/Paste error.

Thanks. I've inserted it into the ride report above. Scroll back up for pictures of my wife's non gear wearing Harley riding uncle. That was a good day and good peeps to not be left out. Sigh.

Thanks again for pointing it out.

Really good stuff Jason, plus a well laid out RR with lot's to take-in. Thanks for putting this together. It was neat seeing some of the same exact places and roads that my group took a couple of Months prior. I see you had snow up on top of Pikes. That certainly put your date range in perspective vs. mine, let alone all the color on the trees.

:)

Yes, amazing how a September trip can make the state appear completely different from an August trip years prior.
biggrin.png

Late to the dance here, but certainly enjoyed it. I'm glad for you that you were finally able to make the long awaited trip. Great RR and great pics! Thanks Gixx ~
punk.gif

Late to the dance here, but certainly enjoyed it. I'm glad for you that you were finally able to make the long awaited trip. Great RR and great pics! Thanks Gixx ~
punk.gif
Better late than never, right? No awesome concerts for me, just amazing scenery all the way.
biggrin.png

Oh yea, I'm about 60% through "Undaunted Courage" and enjoying it, thanks for the recommendation. I was thinking of Lewis seeing the Rockies for the first time as they appeared over the horizon for me. I can't even imagine what was going through his mind then.

Thanks for the great report! You've certainly got a nice way of capturing the good and the not so good 😀

All those photos remind me of my trip to those same areas in '13 which remains a highlight of my riding life!

Only thing I would recommend for you would be to try Mt Evans as a comparison to Pikes Peak. I've been to PP a few times and I think Evans is even more dramatic and awe-inspiring as you cross the glaciers and head towards the peak.

Thanks again for the report. Highly recommended!

So, let's see...I missed 141 this year. Now Mt Evans goes on the list. Looks like next year's itinerary is coming along quite nicely.
biggrin.png

So, let's see...I missed 141 this year. Now Mt Evans goes on the list. Looks like next year's itinerary is coming along quite nicely.
biggrin.png
Yeah, it is. You can meet us on Hwy 82 somewhere around Sherman and we can make it an FJR caravan all the way to Red Lodge Montana!

I am wanting to go East next year but Pop sure likes the idea of seeing Montana from his FJR.

Just getting caught up with this R/R. Well done, Jason. You did cross paths with our route a few times. Seeing the Blue Swallow Motel pictures was cool. We were there too, as you know.

Those pics of you and your son are way cool!

Thanks man, wish we could have hooked up and gotten to ride together. Really wish you would have decided to chance it and take the million dollar highway that day, for obvious reasons. Redfish Hunter has recommended the Blue Swallow so heavily in the past that I had to make a stop there, and his recommendations were spot on. They were a day ahead of me on the eastbound trek and stayed there the night before I did.

Thanks on the pics of my son. Love the little guy. As much as I love being on these trips I hate being away from home. But the welcome home hugs help out.