Looked at a "new" 2010 today - did not pull the trigger...Yet!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulGuy

Reaction score
Well went to the local dealer today. Boy did they want me to take that bike.

2010 "new" on the floor. Best I could get them to come down on the price was $13,900 out the door.

They also offered me $3300 for my '99 R1100 RT.

They even said they'd prep it if I wanted to wait so I could give it a spin, nice touch since I can't see spending that much without actually riding one.

Need to sleep on it. The price seems high for a 2010. Am I wrong?

BTW, she's beautiful! I can see the lineage from my old '93 FJ1200ABS.

Paul

photo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul Guy, their quote is close to what I paid last July for my 2010. You may be able to do better than their offer on your trade-in. I sold my 92 K75RT for double what my dealer offered on trade. It may be more of a hassle but the money difference may be substantial! When you do "pull the triggle" you will be more than satisfied for sure!

After replying here, in this same section, there is a post"buying new" that contains some info that maybe helpful, O what the hell, buy the bike, you won't regret it!

2010 "new" on the floor. Best I could get them to come down on the price was $13,900 out the door.

They even said they'd prep it if I wanted to wait so I could give it a spin, nice touch since I can't see spending that much without actually riding one.

Paul
Hi Paul,

I got the exact same bike Jun 3 2011 ; the price was advertised as $13,400 OTD here in Southern NH. I got boned $200 on my trade-in because I thought another dealer didn't have any 2010 FJRs left (they would've matched and I would've gotten that $200 more for my trade). But the $13,400 was a decent price (at least it seemed like it compared to others I saw at the time).

I never got to test ride and had to live vicariously through the riders here to get a "feel" for the bike. I'm pretty happy with it but had to adjust to it. I'm 5'6" (30" inseam) and I think this bike is a little tall for someone of my size. But I've adapted well enough that it doesn't seem so tall anymore.

If they let you ride it, please do it. Then if you like it, you can start acting all goo goo for it but walk out a few times and maybe they'll reduce the price.

Anyway, good luck and hope to see you here with extra cash for something called "farkles".

NOTE: farkles are things that cost a lot of money but you cannot help but buy them :p .

Dennis

Paul Guy, their quote is close to what I paid last July for my 2010. You may be able to do better than their offer on your trade-in. I sold my 92 K75RT for double what my dealer offered on trade. It may be more of a hassle but the money difference may be substantial! When you do "pull the triggle" you will be more than satisfied for sure!

After replying here, in this same section, there is a post"buying new" that contains some info that maybe helpful, O what the hell, buy the bike, you won't regret it!
Thanks for the input Full House, gives me more to consider. They've also got a 2011 still crated. You'd think they'd want to move this.

Paul

Paul
Hi Paul,

I got the exact same bike Jun 3 2011 ; the price was advertised as $13,400 OTD here in Southern NH. I got boned $200 on my trade-in because I thought another dealer didn't have any 2010 FJRs left (they would've matched and I would've gotten that $200 more for my trade). But the $13,400 was a decent price (at least it seemed like it compared to others I saw at the time).

I never got to test ride and had to live vicariously through the riders here to get a "feel" for the bike. I'm pretty happy with it but had to adjust to it. I'm 5'6" (30" inseam) and I think this bike is a little tall for someone of my size. But I've adapted well enough that it doesn't seem so tall anymore.

If they let you ride it, please do it. Then if you like it, you can start acting all goo goo for it but walk out a few times and maybe they'll reduce the price.

Anyway, good luck and hope to see you here with extra cash for something called "farkles".

NOTE: farkles are things that cost a lot of money but you cannot help but buy them :p .

Dennis
Hey Dennis thanks for that info. The difference in price between you and me could be our state's taxes. Yours having none!

I will for sure ride it before buying. My current bike is almost the same height. I'm 5'10" but have the same inseam as you do. I tower over my wife yet we also have the same inseam. All torso I guess.

When I sat on the FJR it was the same as my RT, could tippy toe it but not flat foot. That only bothers me on questionable surfaces like gravel.

I think my first farkie (if it qualifies as such) will be a Corbin Seat. That should make the height perfect.

Thanks again Dennis, nice meeting you.

Paul

PM me the dealership. If it is in New Haven I will tell you who to talk to. One of the guys just got one for 12998. That is about cost. You are looking at the best color to buy.

re: Corbin seat -- good choice. Folks sell them here sometimes; I tried a few times to get one but they go really fast.

I paid full price for mine $329 shipped. After that, I finally was able to get in quick enough to buy a used one from here -- of course (what can you do.).

Anyway, it's a great addon. I think I've almost got 800 miles so far and it feels better and better.

If you can get that 2010 for $12,998, it would be the bomb :yahoo: .

Dennis

Well went to the local dealer today.

local dealership = support. in 3 months any few $ you'd have saved by

extensive shopping means naught: travel distance avoided and times wasted.

go for it. Road trip calling ...

Well went to the local dealer today.

local dealership = support. in 3 months any few $ you'd have saved by

extensive shopping means naught: travel distance avoided and times wasted.

go for it. Road trip calling ...
I agree. I was looking to see if their number was out of line compared to other's experience. Based on the replies it seems to me they're not.

I appreciate your input.

Paul

Paul

photo.jpg
There's one listed on cycle trader at a dealership in Belleville, NJ for $12,799. Says it's only 55 miles from you. I would push the dealer. $13,900 is way too much for that bike unless he's giving you above book on yours on the trade. I personally would not pay an extra $1000 to save myself a 55 mile drive. Your hometown dealership will service it no matter where you buy it. I have a good friend in the business and he tells me they make more money annually on service than they do sales.

Yeah $13,900 is way high. I bought my new 2010 this Febuary for $12,900, and they threw in a Yamaha rebate coupon for $200.

Paul

photo.jpg
There's one listed on cycle trader at a dealership in Belleville, NJ for $12,799. Says it's only 55 miles from you. I would push the dealer. $13,900 is way too much for that bike unless he's giving you above book on yours on the trade. I personally would not pay an extra $1000 to save myself a 55 mile drive. Your hometown dealership will service it no matter where you buy it. I have a good friend in the business and he tells me they make more money annually on service than they do sales.
I'm not seeing that on cycle trader.

Paul

photo.jpg
I'm not seeing that on cycle trader.
Found it.

I bought my new 2010 in May, with some price shopping I got them down to $12,500, and I traded a 2007 Suzuki VStrom 650 which got me $3900 for a 27000 mile bike. That $12,500 was pre-tax and dealer prep, though. They wanted I think $13,700 as it sat on the floor.

and buy the YES from D&H cycle, $389 IIRC. Better yet, call them and see what their prices are.. Fly n' Ride?