Manchester, CA - spring coastal ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Miss Demeanor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
An overnight trip up our fantastic Pacific Coast Hwy via a multitude of backroads through the Russian River area and landing in Manchester, CA, staying at the Manchester Beach KOA:

https://www.manchesterbeachkoa.com/home/Home.aspx

I am also looking into the possibility of having a catered buffet dinner Saturday night and breakfast the next morning which will run in the range of $25 or less for both meals. You will need to bring a sleeping bag as they don’t supply bedding.

On the way home Sunday, we will ride a few more delightful roads like Skaggs Springs Rd. before heading back home.

If you plan on coming, please make your reservation ASAP as they tend to book up quickly that time of year.

Phone:
(707)882-2375
Address:
44300 Kinney Rd.
Manchester, CA. 95459

Tylerbabe, I would have a difficult time running up the coast to Manchester, Maybe, as I have done in the past, going down the coast to Manchester. Yeah, semantics and all, but it may be a possibility. Is there a chance of Brodie getting goosed by you again? Damn AE's

FWFE

Wish we could make it but you lost us with the sleeping bag stuff
wink.png

I'm sure this must be a beautiful location as you know how to find the really good places.

You can tells us all about it at GOTC

Weenie... :p

Wish we could make it but you lost us with the sleeping bag stuff
wink.png

Up, down, in, out... just show up. :p

As for Brodie, don't know if he's lurking around the forum these days or not... ;)

Tylerbabe, I would have a difficult time running up the coast to Manchester, Maybe, as I have done in the past, going down the coast to Manchester. Yeah, semantics and all, but it may be a possibility. Is there a chance of Brodie getting goosed by you again? Damn AE'sFWFE

I'm curious what facilities they offer, Tyler. Cabins with cots, I assume, since you just mentioned sleeping bags? Shared cabins? Assuming they also would have space for tent camping? Giving this one a big "ummmmm."

Mikey, you gotta stop drinking your bong water.

I'm curious what facilities they offer, Tyler. Cabins with cots, I assume, since you just mentioned sleeping bags? Shared cabins? Assuming they also would have space for tent camping? Giving this one a big "ummmmm."
Lovebug, didja look at the website? All the accommodations are listed there...
wink.png

https://www.manchesterbeachkoa.com/home/Accommodations.aspx
Mikey, you gotta stop drinkin' your bong water.

T., I'll not be able to get the time off for this, but I know it'll be a good time. That's a really boss KOA, in a beautiful setting, and those friends of yours are a bunch of hard-drinkin' awfully nice folks. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
bump.jpg

If you are planning on going on this trip and have not yet made your reservations at the KOA, please do so at your earliest convenience and be sure to mention you are with Dangerous Curves (my riding group) and how many will be in your party.

We are trying to get enough attendance so the KOA folks will make dinner for us onsite. If we don't make the minimum number of folks, we'll have to figure out something else for dinner for our group.

There will be at least one or two pickup spots to meet up with the group. Lunch will most likely be in Occidental. If you would like to join us for lunch, please let me know that as well so I can make a reservation.

Routes/meetup times and places to follow soon! :)

Please find following some notes, itinerary, and proposed routes for the Manchester weekend. Routes may change due to weather or timing. You are welcome to join in at any point or do your own thing as well and just meet us in Manchester. My cell number is 408.396.5130 if anyone needs to reach me along the way. Please know your own limits, be true to yourself, ride your own ride, be safe, and ENJOY! J

• Please have your ICE (In Case of Emergency) info with you and let someone know where it is. If we know it, we won’t need it! J
  • If you are a newer rider (less than a minimum of 5K miles in the twisties), I would not recommend these routes as there will be some fairly technical and goaty (one lane, bumpy, and maybe a rogue cow in the road) roads. I can recommend an optional route for whoever is interested.
  • Pack layers – I was just up that way this past weekend and temps ran from 50-75. The coast can be extremely windy so be prepared.
  • Please let me know if you have a range-limited bike (i.e. less than 120 miles to a tank of gas)
  • This KOA is a really nice facility and they have lots of amenities including a pool and hot tub that will be open so bring your swim togs if you feel so inclined.
  • REMEMBER: The KOA does not provide linens so bring a sleeping bag.
  • The Golden Gate Bridge has changed the way it collects its fees. See this link for ways to pay or prepay your bridge toll: https://www.goldengate.org/tolls/paytollasavisitor.php
  • If my pace is not your pace, you’re more than welcome to “follow from the front” but you will be on your own so familiarize yourself with the route.
  • Please wait for the rider behind you at turns so no one misses one and gets lost. I always like to end with same number of riders I start out with!
  • We will have a picnic lunch on Saturday so either pack your own or you can purchase something at the lunch stop.
  • If you choose to leave the group, please let someone know so we don’t run around helter skelter looking for you.
  • There is a grocery store on the left as you enter Manchester so you can stop for adult libations, snacks, etc. The KOA is about a half-mile after the store.
  • When you check in, please pay for your meals - $18/person for dinner and breakfast.

SATURDAY ROUTE: https://tinyurl.com/cnshkoj (approx. 200 miles)

Starbucks – Rancho Shopping Center, 654 Los Altos Rancho, Los Altos, CA 94022-1667

07:30 am - Coffee

08:30 am - KSU (Kick Stands Up)

10:00 am - GG Bridge vista point (north/Sausalito side)

10:30 am - KSU

11:00 am (approx.) - Gas @ Freitas Pkwy

12:00 pm (approx.) – Marin French Cheese (sandwich & picnic - https://www.marinfrenchcheese.com/ )

3:00 pm (approx.) - Gas in Gualala (two gas stations there)

5:00 pm (approx.) – Stop off for any needed supplies in the store in Manchester before arriving at the KOA (44300 Kinney Rd., Manchester CA 95459)

7:00 pm (approx.) – dinner (catered onsite)

SUNDAY ROUTE: https://tinyurl.com/cqt4gl3 (Approx. 260 miles)

08:00 am – breakfast (catered onsite)

09:00 am – KSU

10:30 am – Boonville – gas @ Redwood Drive-In, pickup sammiches for picnic

11:00 am – KSU (regroup at the fairgrounds)

12:30 pm – lunch somewhere along the route

02:00 pm – gas in Guerneville

02:30 pm – KSU

07:00 pm (approx.) – arrive home (depending on where home is for you!)

Oh you rode King Ridge Rd., haven't been on that in 10 years. Very nice little back road!
It is indeed... although always gotta be on the lookout for the rogue cow in the middle of the road...
laugh.png

I haven't been on it for several years either... this will be on the way home in 2 weeks... B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh you rode will ride King Ridge Rd., haven't been on that in 10 years. Very nice little back road!
It is indeed... although always gotta be on the lookout for the rogue cow in the middle of the road...
laugh.png

I haven't been on it for several years either... this will be on the way home in 2 weeks...
cool.png
Some day I will learn to comprehend what I read.

I was on a dual sport so I suspect you will have a few cow pies to dodge too!

Please grab a few cow pictures for me, nothing like a few bovine to moove a ride report
blink.png