Modesto Yamaha-good service

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDogRaven

Reaction score
Just thought I'd mention a little known Yamaha dealer in this area. Everyone always talks about Roseville, which is where I bought my 15, and have been for service many times on my 04 & 09. However, I think Roseville is "slipping", on many fronts.

I looked in to Modesto, Darrin the service guy is super cool and knows his stuff. They have a mechanic there, new to this dealership, named Mike. He rides an 05 FJR with like 110k on it! He is the one who will work on all FJR's that come in there. I met and spoke with him before and after my 4k service (plus new PR4 Gt's). Very much was satisfied with everything there. I feel good about the quality of work done there. The shop is very nice, and big. Im pretty sure I will be going here for my dealer needs. If you are in this area of CA, and drive to Roseville for service, may want to check out Modesto Yamaha.

AGREED. This is Braap Yamaha. I rode down from Stockton to try this shop, as kind of a second opinion regarding what I thought was a problem with the handgrip heaters on my 2015ES being unequal (by what seemed like a LOT) left vs. right. They listened and took my question seriously (instead of calling me a pussy whiner for unequal handgrip heat!) and checked it out. When I got back from having a nice breakfast at the Michael's Pizza restaurant (GREAT breakfasts!) placed right between the Yamaha and H-D dealerships, Mike showed me the laser temperature gauge (point and shoot) and the grips were within 10 degrees of each other. Lessons learned: good shop, good techs, great food next door, and 10 degrees difference SEEMS like a big difference to your hands even through gloves. Granted this was a pretty simple problem, but they did check out the electronics (beyond just checking with the temp gauge) and it was good to see helpful people who appreciated the FJR!

Last edited by a moderator: