MotoGP Result Holland SPOILER

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feejer222

Reaction score
Fantastic race. After a rain soaked morning warm up the race was dry.

Rossi low sided in the first left handed corner. He re-mounted and made a charge to finish 12th (?) grabbing 5 points. He had no end to his gear lever and only had a stub left to use. He took out DePuniet who didn't re-mount. He passed 3 riders and made up 30 seconds.

Stoner is in his own championship winning by over 10 seconds. He looked incredible, visibly faster than everyone else. He was fastest in every session of practice, even morning warm up.

This now leaves Pedrossa leading with 171 points Rossi second with 167 points and Stoner in third with 142 points. Did I say somewhere that this may be a pivotal race??? We now have a real 3 way championship battle with 9 races to go.

Pedrossa was a lonely second and Hayden held 3rd from the begining.............until the last corner when he ran out of fuel. He squashed himself behind the bubble and coasted down the start straight and was passed just before the line by Edwards. Mamola interviewed him as he pulled in. He was crying and said surely today he deserved a podium, what does he have to do? He said that the bike ran poorly from the warm up lap. He was on the pneumatic valves and Pedrossa was on the sprung engine.

The best ride of the day had to be Stoner, but Edwards came a close second. He was forced out in the mele after the Rossi crash and re-joined 15th. He climbed through the field and stole 3rd on the finish line from Hayden.

Toseland was 9th.

An exciting incident packed race.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic race. After a rain soaked morning warm up the race was dry.Rossi low sided in the first left handed corner. He re-mounted and made a charge to finish 12th (?) grabbing 5 points. He had no end to his gear lever and only had a stub left to use. He took out DePuniet who didn't re-mount. He passed 3 riders and made up 30 seconds.

Stoner is in his own championship winning by over 10 seconds. He looked incredible, visibly faster than everyone else. He was fastest in every session of practice, even morning warm up.

This now leaves Pedrossa leading with 171 points Rossi second with 167 points and Stoner in third with 142 points. Did I say somewhere that this may be a pivotal race??? We now have a real 3 way championship battle with 9 races to go.

Pedrossa was a lonely second and Hayden held 3rd from the begining.............until the last corner when he ran out of fuel. He squashed himself behind the bubble and coasted down the start straight and was passed just before the line by Edwards. Mamola interviewed him as he pulled in. He was crying and said surely today he deserved a podium, what does he have to do? He said that the bike ran poorly from the warm up lap. He was on the pneumatic valves and Pedrossa was on the sprung engine.

The best ride of the day had to be Stoner, but Edwards came a close second. He was forced out in the mele after the Rossi crash and re-joined 15th. He climbed through the field and stole 3rd on the finish line from Hayden.

Toseland was 9th.

An exciting incident packed race.
I know absolutely nothing about bike racing - but that was a great write-up triple two! You even got me excited.

cheers!

Watched the race on Speed. Rossi was amazing in comeback try.
And, I agree with feejer, so was Edwards. I think Rossi was the only rider behind him after that incident. He ripped the field up. I think that was his best ever MotoGP performance. He must love Assen.

Bummer about Nicky. That's the first I heard it was fuel, though. Thanks for that bit. I heard the interview right after the race -- that's some serious frustration. But he had to feel better about this race. It seemed like the first time in a long time that he was a factor late.

Stoner's been his own class the last two races. He ended the race for the front in a hurry. Glad there was some dicing in the back to watch.