One classic swapped for another

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nickel plated oil in frame Don.

You can see why I am anxious for arrival.

Paint was specd by Steve McQueen. The color was thought to remind him of his time as a Marine. It looks magnificent in person.

Did a few upgrades on this one.

Hope he puts a kick start rubber on it for you. Is it going to run a Amal Carb? Electronic ignition?

Yes, rubber being added! Amal carb and electronic ignition included. Starts nicely last time I rode a similar 750.

Just looking thru YouTube now and came across “Henry Cole - Worlds Greatest Motorcycle Rides”. I have a hard time listening to Henry at length but watching him riding around the Balkans on a similar Metisse was worth it. Looks like a beautiful bike in motion and a very enjoyable ride.

Henry's a great guy - he even let me ride his Metisse when I last visited Gerry. His show, The Motorcycle Show, is on Netflix for streaming. He's just landed in South Africa this week to film a new season.

..and lots of oil stocked up.. :whistle:

JSNS and
fuck.gif

Hugs n' Kisses

Sorry, I was having fun this weekend getting to know the bike and learning its quirks.

Arrived in a crate via air freight, which I picked up from the airport.

VbJtvsA.jpg

750cc's of parallel twin goodness:

XLIUVi5.jpg

I had Metisse add a few upgrades, including this vented front hub and twin pull brakes, to suit its road-going aspirations (the standard Desert Racer is an Enduro focused scrambler)

EmKRN4w.jpg

Like any beautiful creature, best viewed from behind:

wmhxJTf.jpg