Ray & Gimpy Ride EOM

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It took us awhile after we left Lewisburg before we were able to climb out of the fog in the morning....

Day%208-19-L.jpg

day%208-18-L.jpg

We continued north on 219 until we made it to Snowshoe and took Hwy 66 over to Cass and stopped in to check out the steam engine....

day%208-26-L.jpg

I don't think the firebox has seen much coal lately....

Day8-24-L.jpg

I used to work in a coal fired generating station and nothing in that place was as clean as this.

We stopped for lunch at Seneca Rocks....

day%208-28-L.jpg

After lunch we just put in miles to the north and made it to Brookfield, PA for the night. Ray is currently drinking the last of the Eagle Rare and watching hockey on TV. We should make it back home tomorrow.

EOM%20-%20day%208%20SPOT-L.png

Last edited by a moderator:
No nut kicking unless somebody names the road in question. I think your Garmin decided to have a little fun with you guys.
Ray & I finished off the Eagle Rare and found the road in question in Basecamp. We turned off 19E at Micaville onto Double Island Rd. and followed that up to Roses Branch Rd. It was this road where I could have used a set of TKC 80's on the FJR.

No nut kicking unless somebody names the road in question. I think your Garmin decided to have a little fun with you guys.
Ray & I finished off the Eagle Rare and found the road in question in Basecamp. We turned off 19E at Micaville onto Double Island Rd. and followed that up to Roses Branch Rd. It was this road where I could have used a set of TKC 80's on the FJR.
Yeah, you guys and Garmin found those roads on your own. Neither is part of the EOM500 route. Double Island is a fun road, though, but Roses Branch is essentially a dead end. I can't imagine how you got across the river through there unless you swam.

Yeah, you guys and Garmin found those roads on your own. Neither is part of the EOM500 route. Double Island is a fun road, though, but Roses Branch is essentially a dead end. I can't imagine how you got across the river through there unless you swam.
Since I am a retired Instrument Technician I am unfamiliar with the concept that I could have made a mistake therefore I am blaming this fiasco on Don Stanley. I am blaming this on DeemerDons since I can't think of anyone else more deserving of a kick in the nuts.

I've heard this before....... I thought I was wrong once, but I was simply mistaken.............

I just figgered it was a translation error from hillbilly to Canuckistanian maps.........

I unwittingly routed myself down a stretch of dirt road on NC 197 on my way to EOM. 180 switch backs down hill with a camber leading to a steep valley drop off if I screwed up. It made me feel like I was riding with FredW!
rolleyes.gif

Fine report Bill, welcome back fellas to civilization.

[strange?] Didn't hear anything more on Rays square road-eater? Must'a outlasted and made whoop-ass of your PR3's... * ...hence the start of the report (straight-up bust'n) vs. the end of your report (pure silence). hmmmm.

Guess you can now gloat it up Mr Ray-Ray!

I unwittingly routed myself down a stretch of dirt road on NC 197 on my way to EOM. 180 switch backs down hill with a camber leading to a steep valley drop off if I screwed up. It made me feel like I was riding with FredW!
rolleyes.gif
deliverance.jpg

^ Corrected

Sorry bro, it must be friday.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

day%204-10-L.jpg

Pam, I see what you're trying to say, and Tom you never get to go anywhere, you SHMUCK....looks like a great time, wish I could of been there.
not_i.gif

[strange?] Didn't hear anything more on Rays square road-eater? Must'a outlasted and made whoop-ass of your PR3's... * ...hence the start of the report (straight-up bust'n) vs. the end of your report (pure silence). hmmmm.
Once I opened up a Economy sized can of Whoop-Ass on that car tire there was no more that needed to be said. Ray is now thinking about putting a proper tire back on the bike so he can see how a motorcycle is actually supposed to work....

cano_bikers.jpg

Now that we once again had to straighten KJ out, back to the ride report.

It was a frosty morning in Brookville, PA when we rolled out of bed at the motel....

DSC_0031-L.jpg

There was no big rush to get going until the sun had at least a chance to add a few degrees to the temperature so we had a leisurely breakfast & coffee before loading up and heading out. There were a few deer and some fog but fortunately no deer in the fog.

We took a stop at the reservoir just as we crossed into New York State because Ray needed a stretch & a smoke....

DSC_0032-L.jpg

DSC_0033-L.jpg

When we reached Ellicottville we stopped for a good coffee at Dina's, a cafe I know from my skiing trips to Holiday Valley.

From there it was a short run up 219 to Hamburg to top off with gas before crossing the border. I said my goodbys to Ray at this point since Ray was headed up to Niagara Falls to pick up a garage door opener for his new shop. I don't know how Ray was planning on putting a garage door opener on the bike already laden down with all the gear he took to EOM and I almost went with him just to see how this was going to be accomplished but I had a narrow time frame to beat the rush hour traffic in Toronto so I made a quick stop at the Duty Free to replenish my stock of Forty Creek Rye and made the run for home.

There were a few issues over by the airport but for the most part we kept moving and rolled into the home base Timmy's in time for a Panini & a coffee.....

IMG_1145-L.jpg

4003.2 kilometers from the start of this little jaunt we rolled into the driveway.

DSC_0035-L.jpg

Today's track....

EOM%20-%20Tues%20track-L.png

So ends Ray & Gimpy's EOM Ride.

Since I am a retired Instrument Technician I am unfamiliar with the concept that I could have made a mistake therefore I am blaming this fiasco on Don Stanley. I am blaming this on DeemerDons since I can't think of anyone else more deserving of a kick in the nuts.
Please be kind to me Bill, I just spent 4 days on the road with Goombah johnny80s riding up to the Reuben Run in Oregon. I promise I will never make fun of the Polish peoples ever again, after 1,500 miles with a Dago you Poles are the nicest people on the planet!

EOM is definitely on my bucket list, as long as I've been an FJR Forum Member I have wanted to go to EOM. Next year I am doing it!

109.jpg

On our way back via Seneca Rocks, WV, we stopped at Cass on Route 66........ Bill says, "Wow, she's got a nice caboose and great hooters!" so my brain told me to look around the parking lot for a fine female form......... silly me...... then Bill went up to her and started taking pictures up close....

P1020417_zps6dea7f7d.jpg

This was a shot from last year, but she'd just finished pullin' out.......

P1020129_zps95cbdc80.jpg