Rider needs help (storage) near Lovelock, NV (non-IBR)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler

Miss Demeanor
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Jeff/FJRPittsburgh was on his way home from WCG and needs to have his appendix removed. Looking for a place to store his bike near Lovelock. He is on his way to Winnemucca for the surgery with his buddy, Dean/steel_gin. Please send me a PM if you can help. Thanks!

Thanks, gents... I'm waiting to hear from Jeff and his traveling buddy, Dean, as to what their plans are. Jeff had surgery yesterday and was released last night. Dean took him to their hotel and said he'd let me know what the plan was later this morning. They may just ship the bike back. Very much appreciate your offers and will let you know status as soon as I know! :)

Hey everyone! Thanks for the offers. It's been almost 3 days since my surgery. Healing up well. Dean was organizing getting some assistance initially. I decided to get a room near the hospital and recover there for about a week. I will have no problem riding home eventually to finish up this epic trip.

Dean was amazing and tried to organize storing the bike, etc. I decided to make the decision to complete the ride. When we arrived at the hospital exit, we secured a hotel first and then went on to the hospital for the surgery. Dean got both bikes back to the hotel. He then walked with me back to the hotel after the anesthesia wore off. He also walked with me to the grocery store the next morning to be sure I had enough food to be comfortable during my recovery.

Thanks Dean! You're the best! Dean left around noon 2 days ago and is making good progress on his ride home. This trip has been incredible, but has been temporarily side tracked.

I can't wait to visit the Western US again soon. Thanks to Tyler for sending out a message to ask for assistance. What a great group to be a part of.

I hope to continue my journey home sometime this weekend.

Last edited: