RZ350’s Gen II Mods, Index

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RZ350

Reaction score
Well, it seems with the forum update in 2019, none of the links work in my old Index Thread (Link to old Index Thread).   And because the Index Thread is now archived and I can’t simply edit the links within it to the new format, I will just go ahead and create a new one.  I still love this bike and plan to keep it a while longer.  I believe this helps define to the rest of you what I have done to make this bike mine.

My favorite mod is hands down the handlebars shown in Part 1.  Without this upgrade, I seriously doubt I would have this bike anymore.   This bike is a pure joy to ride now that I’m comfortable on it.

Here are the updated links:

Part 1 - Customized HeliBar Handlebar System - (Installing a standard 7/8” handlebar on the HeliBar triple clamp)

Part 2 - Quick Disconnect GPS Mount System - (One simple step attaches GPS and connects all wiring; RAM AquaBox/Nuvi 780)

Part 3 - Flip Up Drivers Backrest - (Modular system allows same backrest to install on my bikes)

Part 4 - Custom Highway Pegs - (Several leg position choices make those long rides more comfortable)

Part 5 - Recessed Top Case LED Light - (Just swing it out and it automatically turns on)

Part 6 - Disk Lock Storage - (Quit fumbling around for that lock)

Part 7 - Documenting All the Extra Farkle Wiring - (It’s beneficial to have if you need to troubleshoot the electrical)

Part 8 - Kickstand (Sidestand) Enlargement - (A welded approach to making that tiny thing a little bigger)

Part 9 - Side Case Platforms - (Keeps that helmet from tumbling out of your side case)

Part 10 - Top Case Lip - (Keeps things from get pinched while closing lid)

Part 11 - Rear Helmet Locks - (Similar to the Helmet Guardian with a slight twist)

Part 12 - Bungee Cord Anchors - (Some Bungee Buddies located in strategic places)

Part 13 - Custom Drink Holder - (Another way to carry some water w/o using luggage space)

Part 14 - Voltmeter/Clock/Thermometer - (Keeping an eye on voltage with those extra electrical farkles)

Part 15 - Extra Brake Light - (Simple-to-install LED module assists your OEM light)

Part 16 - Auxiliary Lighting - (Conspicuity is a good thing when on a bike)

Part 17 - Vista Cruise Throttle Lock - (Give that right hand a break!)

Part 18 - Windshield Choices for Weather Changes (Cal-Sci “Large” and OEM with Goldwing style vent)

Part 19 - Auxiliary Grounding Harnesses - (Kill that dreaded “Black Widow” S4 grounding spider)

Part 20 - Tankbag Mounting - (Integrating a standard tankbag into a modular system)

Part 21 - 12V Heated Seat Pad - (Portable alternative to use on different bikes)

Part 22 - Windshield Auto Retract Switch (Being able to select Auto Retract or not)

ON DECK: Corbin seat, Fender Extender, FRS PPT Button, Heated Grips, Powerlet Sockets, Side Case Rear Reflectors, V-Strom Hand Guards, Heated Grips.

Thanks for looking!

Part 1 - Customized HeliBar Handlebar System - (Installing a standard 7/8” handlebar on the HeliBar triple clamp)

jlbJtK_Crc_CugWs5NUrUF84N32IlQgLP_359tvY9xtJgciaUgu5TzXt-KfT9l4_eEpMBQQkpRltjyX4pw=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Part 2 - Quick Disconnect GPS Mount System - (One simple step attaches GPS and connects all wiring; RAM AquaBox/Nuvi 780)

O4dPjDeG2bmx2pIpyRnabT3Jb0XLQnm8IwYbvSItmRxSDhqtFmkTjW1pCdnEFywZ7Lu1MtBr1QGRSHV9_A=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Part 3 - Flip Up Drivers Backrest - (Modular system allows same backrest to install on my bikes)

_AJGtRYuuSKSefzUO_btXtGvz66yFE1IBrJGfd4ZYmdpT5-Bn5dODADN_EoXFH2Vz3WENujd5BTYhZNlDg=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Part 4 - Custom Highway Pegs - (Several leg position choices make those long rides more comfortable)

t3wLmvYcAjwy188slcEgo42lrR5hGqUqccx3c4Sb9RYHLb4B-NsUNa7cEOnWEMcmdZu9ZPOgTKV_n0cCQg=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Part 5 - Recessed Top Case LED Light - (Just swing it out and it automatically turns on)

OlQ3tCKKfg8VZEp6-B3wSyapFUbZ1rVSxfFsY7a_GmyrEtK-LVcvaSuT8f9JdIeh-Gr9VKuYwxK0-dI7iQ=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Part 6 - Disk Lock Storage - (Quit fumbling around for that lock)

OGdcqNz9ZTqM5tNOhY2DNcV8kuMNJJNyuEK98uoPTO4PwgtQTU6G9-i-IbYV67BqA04SBdghOv0M4djVOA=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Part 7 - Documenting All the Extra Farkle Wiring - (It’s beneficial to have if you need to troubleshoot the electrical)

-AULlU0FXyfaX391cpG0AlmS5jClVqTr-_4kj-sa8Uh6OBj_5lYQoS4MhwE6QmC3OOHUeZ6-KmNGqudGnQ=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Part 8 - Kickstand (Sidestand) Enlargement - (A welded approach to making that tiny thing a little bigger)

fhQd7sGlllXnyKxFrpWeyOjzNx2RNILV1RjNllX5zdwg0hl3VqQG_iN-kHbhe2L1VV2TbyhA2TF-L4arUg=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Part 9 - Side Case Platforms - (Keeps that helmet from tumbling out of your side case)

w28mpEQXNGizixeRze0DUuN6arhOppuO3iOSGEJzTXbUh51ut96qclAoQ4x9b02mIJ51s0p8HJzM0tnuVw=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Part 10 - Top Case Lip - (Keeps things from get pinched while closing lid)

t1ru_7wRlyhHXae1Biw4bJdR4ndI0YxBBIWLm5zKU_ju7stUz3sosDiBCA9ls0rbqbZqALYl6Yy1puRisw=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Part 11 - Rear Helmet Locks - (Similar to the Helmet Guardian with a slight twist)

s9pXynW-QhYjXcwGUyKQr2WIbMptmPJqXNPefvCPnkN4_Ud-YC1SAkkHs-GPj1lCRWsCE59egYUjfdNFwA=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Part 12 - Bungee Cord Anchors - (Some Bungee Buddies located in strategic places)

gp1kRh816SbndCiFPHVLMq6fyxPdxFJ2kLdmi8FwCkq6gIl__wpYEwYsau0fQBFQdOtU_nJDjsFPzWMpWg=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Part 13 - Custom Drink Holder - (Another way to carry some water w/o using luggage space)

-5SnqKK6p3_S4APrbnII8ICTALHzVpPYXOLIjY2Be_FO5QQXYqHy_MPY9cdXnBGR3m80jCJFTJylS2czBw=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Part 14 - Voltmeter/Clock/Thermometer - (Keeping an eye on voltage with those extra electrical farkles)

655TmWEJflDX7Svt-I42EoVaZBN97GLUxaUlmYx-e7pKEvIxXI05Mmb8ZqPf27m22LqAAgNRlbsz5E0vfQ=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Part 15 - Extra Brake Light - (Simple-to-install LED module assists your OEM light)

CgRC9mbtVaasTtFWtTAwk62fU8WWU5mK2FqH_RnCah-2n3V9RZqZsSZBQ15cILfqsPt8uLqBHdYn6EFosQ=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Part 16 - Auxiliary Lighting - (Conspicuity is a good thing when on a bike)

xT3ryFsrN0t4FHs2qpVuz9rF9dH6CEFZnxpvhGehcWriz0dnxuDzCtq1kYq3FeMP9pPNPg0bvhpw-4C6AQ=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Part 17 - Vista Cruise Throttle Lock - (Give that right hand a break!)

1gqETbO7TXoozgxl6LCug1J6rc-PQqGKbbJo-H7aq_GYRMHAnbejbFtoXjO-UrX8Zqxf9vGQJ5PyQZXnxA=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Part 18 - Windshield Choices for Weather Changes (Cal-Sci “Large” and OEM with Goldwing style vent)

QnCuxgxceYJomOZx1RNMTFjcAc-qGuaiIYkPtTM_ozFFh_twArXSkQwTGOKlVF6DMoHbAr9fylSGYV53NA=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Part 19 - Auxiliary Grounding Harnesses - (Kill that dreaded “Black Widow” S4 grounding spider)

5115-QHl62dkDLVYrExNibR0fShrJvUOlOPjifpUREnHNNPbN2Rik2KwLZARATKaFi50v6Knr54PnoXVtw=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Part 20 - Tankbag Mounting - (Integrating a standard tankbag into a modular system)

DKw7VCJFg58E5jrLRiS0KkLigarDcdMOSL89-nqu-5r5xU6HOtsTHeu-r-ywboN6_b9UPbcOMEBxQSzXjw=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Part 21 - 12V Heated Seat Pad - (Portable alternative to use on different bikes)

_OPNwKgy9yJDSUaIfoAWhrLPKZuYkL80aFnP08Z1AMNfde02zyms-JhXCXZLK_lmj6bbWlifp6GQWcKHlw=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Part 22 - Windshield Auto Retract Switch (Being able to select Auto Retract or not)

fMAfSCwCz_576-ClvQlubKpAG6nSZgtODV-G0Vdz9ZVbV39MIhCm35LC7L4qW-TdnJsVmaGgEJN8juoChg=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Thanks for reposting this!  I remember seeing this a long time ago - originally posted just before I got my lightly-used 2007.  Wasn't of much interest to me at the time but there are some neat ideas I might explore now.  Lots of stuff and well documented.

Thanks for reposting this!  I remember seeing this a long time ago - originally posted just before I got my lightly-used 2007.  Wasn't of much interest to me at the time but there are some neat ideas I might explore now.  Lots of stuff and well documented.
Thanks.  I'm glad someone else might benefit from it besides me.  Besides, I couldn't have a link in my signature that didn't work, now could I?  LOL

I have 5 or 6 other mods that never got added to the the Index...  its probably time to finally add them, just for completeness.