Saddle bag reverberation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodahdude

Reaction score
2004 FJR 1300

I have one saddle bag that hit a deer. It’s good to go but I tried to paint it and it looks like …..

Who are the FJR reverb tech’s here on the forum. I just need the outer shell sanded. Primed and painted.

Kansas.

2004 FJR 1300

I have one saddle bag that hit a deer. It’s good to go but I tried to paint it and it looks like …..

Who are the FJR reverb tech’s here on the forum. I just need the outer shell sanded. Primed and painted.

Kansas.
Any decent body shop can do this. I had a mirror scratch (yes, an oops) successfully filled, sanded, primed and painted, with clear coat, and it is virtually indistinguishable from a new one. I also repaired a BMW fairing and nose piece, both came out nearly perfect, and I am just your usual bodger imagine what a pro could do. It is tough, and expensive, to get a body shop to do a small piece, you might be better off just ordering a new cover, probably cheaper in the long run.

Depends on your standards (or expectations). Some people have used PlastiDip for a removeable coating that looks better than a rashed bag. You can still have it properly restored at a later time. Others have used truck bedliner spray. Permanent and a very "industrial" look.
Neither is a substitute for a job done by a professional body shop, but the price is right.