Sagebrush & Mountain 1000

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
An in-state Saddlesore 1000, hosted by Desert Valley Powersports!

View attachment 36

Earn membership in the Iron Butt Association through this Saddlesore 1000!

This is an all in-state (Washington) Saddlesore 1000. The rules are slightly relaxed; we provide the route, and no fuel logs are required.

You just ride the miles, enjoy the Cascades and High Desert, and collect the minimum number of computer-generated, time-stamped gas receipts along the way. These fuel stops will be outlined in your rally packs when you check in at Desert Valley Powersports on Saturday morning, Sept 9th.

The 24-hour riding period begins at 10:00:00 PDT, Saturday, Sept 9th, and ends *precisely* 24 hours later. Riders must arrive back at Desert Valley Powersports parking lot headquarters before 10:00:00 PDT on Sunday, Sept 10, with all required receipts to earn their Saddlesore certificate and IBA membership.

Amplifying info here: Desert Valley Powersports SM1000 Ride

Last edited by a moderator:
Might have to try this one two up. If any of you are thinking about a SS1K this is the way to go for the first one. I did my first one with this bunch and it was good fun.
smile.png
punk.gif

It would be fun to do, I could do my # 2 ride. Wondering what the route is?

I have looked at doing an instate starting at the station on the north end of the lake close to where I live and running the state clockwise ending up in Port Townsend. But it would be one tough ride, not the mileage but the time. We (The Beamer's & Auburn's & myself) ran that same mileage pulling trailers in 18 hours for my first SS,

THIS EVENT HAPPENS NEXT SATURDAY, SEPT 9-10, 2017!

You still have a few days to register and ride in this all-Washington state Saddlesore - the "Sagebrush & Mountain 1000".

This is an easy-peasy way to earn IBA membership - a number of rules have been relaxed; you only need to track 7 mandatory gas receipts. You can relax and enjoy the miles!

Here are the simple rules: Sagebrush & Mountain 1000 - ride rules

Here is the route:

SM1Kride.JPG

REGISTER HERE: https://ironbutt.com/sm1k

Note the Mountains Ranges can be quite cool at night. Dress appropriately, or better yet, carry/use your electric liners.

I pre-rode this route on Sept 1-2, and my night-time low was 44-degrees F - this was at Sherman's Pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last time we did that route for a SS1K it was snowing on Sherman pass and pouring rain for half the ride. Still trying to talk the copilot into this. Got a new Russell seat to break in.:) :) :)

Fortunately, weather.com says it will be bone dry throughout the entire route next Sat/Sun.

Hope the fires slow down for those that are participating! Today it is just miserable trying to breath the air outside, even inside isn't good.

I have been caught riding thru heavy smoke once, wasn't a good experience.

At the moment the I84 part of the route in closed due to fire. Riders will need to stay on the north side of the river on hwy 14.

Sadly, the continuing wildfires and the hazardous air quality have both forced us to postpone this event.

The new dates are: September 23-24, 2017

It is unfortunate it has come to this, and there are no guarantees that everything will be fine two weeks from now. But we are convinced at this point that it is ill-advised to ride around the state this weekend. Even if fire closures along the route re-open by Saturday, the air quality will remain sub-optimal until the weather pattern changes.

Sorry, folks.... let's hope for a little wind/rain to clear all this out within the next two weeks.

At the moment the I84 part of the route in closed due to fire. Riders will need to stay on the north side of the river on hwy 14.

Since this is slated as an in-state Saddlesore, riders shouldn't be crossing into Oregon anyway.

But they do stay along HWY 14 from Goldendale to Vancouver, and that section of the road is currently burning to the ground.
sad.png

My mistake. your map looks like the interstate is used but my senior eyeballs were without the cheaters on. With my copilots COPD I think I'll keep her out of the smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.