September Planning

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
My September is beginning to take shape.

I'm planning on leaving Spearfish about September 4th bound for Tyler's Shindig near Bridgeport, CA and a rendezvous with my "Mate" Festar.

From Bridgeport, we will work our way North to La Pine and a fine Reuben Sandwich, a Reuben Omelette or two and whatever Ray feeds us on Saturday night.

Sunday, Sep 16th, I plan on leaving La Pine early, heading East and ending up with some good friends in Bellvue, ID after passing through Stanley ID. I think Festar is riding with me.

Monday, September 17th will be a long day to get home, ~780 miles + or -.

General Route something like this: https://goo.gl/maps/h7XAAyCcpNq

Tuesday morning Sep 18th I'm planning on changing Oil and Tires before setting out for Maggie Valley NC and EOM.

Tuesday night will be somewhere between Sioux Falls and "East Bum Phuck Iowa".

Wednesday Night at Cav47's in Georgetown, Illinois. Thanks, Josh!

We should get to EOM on Thursday.

My goal at Maggie Valley, besides meeting a bunch of folks I haven't met before, is to ride a little bit in the last three of the fifty states I haven't ridden in yet; North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia.

Sunday morning Sep 22nd I'll mount the Gray Ghost and head West.

Going to meander just a bit but I need to be home on September 26th so they won't be killer days.

Planning on a little bit more Southerly route going home.

Something like this too and from Maggie Valley: https://goo.gl/maps/6qbeM3zkBrP2

As always I'm open to suggestions on deviations and things to see along the way.

That sounds like a great September and somewhat similar to the one I'm planning. I leave MA on 9/1 heading west to Rapid City SD, (approx 9/4), then across northern WY to Chief Joseph and Beartooth Pass, then western MT, north to south in ID (through Stanley), west to norcal andLake Tahoe, Seirras and south, Yosemite Valley, southern Utah, AZ, NM and a few days in CO. Then make a beeline to TN approx. 9/22. Spend a few days more getting home on the scenic twisty roads of Kentucky, SE Ohio and WV. Something like that.

Maybe we'll cross paths. I'll keep my eyes open for you.

I leave MA on 9/1 heading west to Rapid City SD, (approx 9/4), then across northern WY to Chief Joseph and Beartooth Pass, then western MT
This kind of dovetails with what I plan on doing, my route is not yet set in stone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well from the meandering and seeing things department: Looking at your route if you have any interest in Corvettes (the car, not the ships
tonguesmiley.gif
) we stopped into the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green this past April. Spent more time there than I thought I would but you could also see it all in under two hours probably. If staying overnight check out the Drury Inn Bowling Green. Happy hour every evening with two .75¢ cocktails per guest and appies which you could easily turn into a dinner. Also an Outback sharing the same parking lot. And speaking of Corvettes, we were told Mammoth Cave National Park was worth seeing but we didn't have time.

Also, and I'm a little hesitant to suggest this to you of all people, but I found the story of LST-325 and its homecoming fascinating. It was pretty cool stopping to get a tour of her in Evansville.

My September is beginning to take shape.
General Route something like this: https://goo.gl/maps/h7XAAyCcpNq

As always I'm open to suggestions on deviations and things to see along the way.
Looks like fun! See you in La pine.
smile.png

If you have the time consider riding a little farther north out of La Pine and hitting Hwy 26 in lieu of 20. And if you have even more time take 7 to Baker City, then 86 Richland for a meal at the Short Horn Cafe. On to Copperfield then the 71 and 95 back to your original route. I was just through the area last week.

Oh, and be careful riding through Lowman on the way to Stanley. DAMHIK ;)

AdamTicket.jpg

Latest posts