Seth Laam FJR custom seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got back from a ride-in last Friday (6-10). He is slammed with orders and is working up to 15 hours a day, six days a week trying to keep up. He does all of the seat building himself, working hard and fast. He makes me tired just watching him. He has an assistant to handle finishing up and shipping logistics. His admin (Kaarin) is an off-site employee and there are some logistics problems in scheduling and throughput.

He can be a little hard to deal with, we started off on the wrong foot and it took a bit of discussion for both of us to get on the same page. I think he is showing a bit of frustration since he really knows exactly what he is doing and isn't patient with those that do not know that. Bottom line is, I wouldn't trust this job to anyone else, he is a perfectionist in every aspect of seat construction and it shows. I'm extremely happy with my seat but I still have a lot of riding to do for it to finish the final "break-in". Seth indicated the seat will be making subtle shape changes to conform to my seating position and body shape as I ride.

It seems that scheduling a ride-in is the easiest way to get to the head of the line. I started a dialogue with Kaarin by e-mail and in a few days had my ride-in scheduled for two weeks later. I confirmed it and booked a hotel room for the night before.

Dan

Last edited by a moderator: