Snow is bullshit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sadly here in Quebecixo unless they have the mountain and snowflake stamped on the side they are not considered winter tires which are mandatory from Dec 1 and and March 15th.

Last year we had a really early melt and some nice warm days in early March. Cops had a field day ticketing 2 wheelers with no snow tires. My son and i on a lark went looking and were able to find 2 car winter tires in correct sizes for the FJR. Was quite surprised to find the front one i have to say.

Would love to see the look on the cops face when they realize you are actually legal.

Sadly here in Quebecixo unless they have the mountain and snowflake stamped on the side they are not considered winter tires which are mandatory from Dec 1 and and March 15th.

Last year we had a really early melt and some nice warm days in early March. Cops had a field day ticketing 2 wheelers with no snow tires. My son and i on a lark went looking and were able to find 2 car winter tires in correct sizes for the FJR. Was quite surprised to find the front one i have to say.

Would love to see the look on the cops face when they realize you are actually legal.
...the heck is the point of that? There's no snow on the ground..

I guess there's always the Dunlop Mutants, they are mud and snow rated.

I read a story about a couple of NZ guys going over the southern alps using snow chains.
I looked them up, you can get snow chains for an FJR! I reported this to my wife who did not appreciate my humor with a loud NO! Now there are snow socks which are much better in snow and slush. I haven't found any that can be put on without taking the wheel off because of the side fabric, yet. I did get some socks for my wife's car just in case. It has summer performance tires so it was either a set of tires and rims ($2.5k) or four socks at $70 each.
It was a nice crisp 28F this morning riding to work. Not slippery.

9 degrees F here in Vermont this morning, but no snow on the ground in this El Ninio weather pattern.

We have real winter tires (Bridgestone Blizzaks) on separate wheel sets for both of our 4WD vehicles. Without them we would not be able to get home sometimes. They go on at Halloween and won‘t come off until late April. At least it makes the more expensive summer tires last twice as long.

Latest posts