• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale SOLD Gen 1 seats for sale, RDL and Rick Meyers SOLD

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJReady

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I'm helping Mrs Ionbeam sort through some left over items from Alan's substantial collection of FJR parts collected over the last 20 years or more.

I found two complete Gen 1 seats, I assume from his 2004 FJR. They both appear to be in good shape.

The RDL is listed for $200, the RM is $150. Shipping is separate.

PM with questions, etc.

Russ

1701095950131.png
1701095988810.png
1701096236154.png

I'm helping Mrs Ionbeam sort through some left over items from Alan's substantial collection of FJR parts collected over the last 20 years or more.

I found two complete Gen 1 seats, I assume from his 2004 FJR. They both appear to be in good shape.

The RDL is listed for $200, the RM is $150. Shipping is separate.

PM with questions, etc.

Russ

View attachment 5934
View attachment 5935
View attachment 5936
My bicycle gel pad strapped to my Gen 1 seat looks like its days are numbered and will be retired. Where are these located,I am in Seattle. I am 5’4” if it matters. The first one looks super comfy and maybe requires a bit more kick to get one’s leg over the bolsters. If shipping is not crazy out of this world pricing count me in for one of them.

These are in Massachusetts right now. The last time I sent seats to northern CA, shipping was about $60 I think. I will make a box just big enough to hold them to keep cost down. I think volume is more important than weight for this kind of thing.

I would guess that the RDL is a little higher than the Meyer, but much more comfortable.

Russ

These are in Massachusetts right now. The last time I sent seats to northern CA, shipping was about $60 I think. I will make a box just big enough to hold them to keep cost down. I think volume is more important than weight for this kind of thing.

I would guess that the RDL is a little higher than the Meyer, but much more comfortable.

Russ
It looks like Ibam

Russ
Awesome, it looks like I am getting a RDL for Christmas. If I can’t reach the ground I will get some platform boots or only stop at gas stations with islands to put my left foot on. I bought my 04 in August and have put 7k miles on it. With the RDL I might be permanently on the road.

Thank you so much! This is going to make my long journeys more enjoyable. I will check back. Let me know how much to send to who using which platform . Do you Zelle ? I could send from my bank account to another account. I think it requires both parties being in each other's contacts/ phone book. Sorry if I am overly excited, it is going to a loving home and will get plenty of exercise!

I have had many different aftermarket seats. The RDL has definitely been the best/most comfortable. However, it will add height and make it harder to get your feet on the ground.

I have had many different aftermarket seats. The RDL has definitely been the best/most comfortable. However, it will add height and make it harder to get your feet on the ground.
That will give me more reason to keep it rolling and away from the masses. Maybe an auxiliary fuel tank to reduce the times I must completely stop. I will keep my eye out for some platform boots. This could get dicey on an uneven surface with a stop. I will adapt and find a way to make it work. I plan on using the RDL for big open trips and the stock seat for running around.
Must be nice to be in Arizona. Clear and crisp in Freattle.

Let me know if the RM doesn't sell. Also do you have an old PC. The new ones aren't listed for Gen 1 and a re-flash for Gen ones requires replacing the injectors to the ones installed on the Gen 2's.