• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD - Motion Pro Carb Sync Tool - The Blue Fluid Version

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
https://www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-08-0411-Syncpro-Carburetor/dp/B000K7JHWA

These units are $89 on Amazon Prime. I prefer my Older Mercury unit.

My preference is your gain!

This brand new unit,assembled but never used, can be yours for just $25 plus postage.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the mercury kind too but mine lost some mercury and now doesn't have enough. Does anyone know a source of mercury that will sell some to the general public?

That is a catalog listing for a 1000 ppm aqueous solution standard - not elemental mercury needed for a carb sync tool. (Works out to 0.1% mercury dissolved in dilute nitric acid)

It is apparently available - I saw an Amazon listing for $85 for 50 grams. With a density of 13.56, this amounts to 3.7 millilitres! Saw another listing for a half pound for $136 (34 mL). Didn't look into shipping or environmental requirements (or if they were restricted to whom they could sell)

Nasty stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the mercury kind too but mine lost some mercury and now doesn't have enough. Does anyone know a source of mercury that will sell some to the general public?
I have bottle of it at work, it came from old thermostats. I'm not shipping it, but if you're ever in St Louis I'll give it to you

Soooooo, is it $45/oz, or $45/.2 lbs (3.2oz)? Either way, that stuff ain't cheap. I remember rolling Mercury around in our hands in science class. Someone would get fired if that happened in a school today.

Shipping weight 0.2 lb but contains one ounce (weight) + vial and packaging. 1 ounce is 1/16 of a pound or 28.4 grams. At a density of 13.56, this amounts to just over two millilitres volume (less than a half teaspoon).