The Geeks Go Rambling

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunday, May 5, 2013.

Some folks were staying to spend another day torturing themselves on the straight, flat, boring roads in SE Ohio. Some folks were heading for their homes. We had to be back at work on Monday, so we would be heading home which is only a couple of hours away.

Why rush? We had all day, ya know!

By the time we were up and about, the only ones left in the parking lot were Ray and Phil. We’d discussed riding with Phil for a bit but by the time we were ready, he was on his way home for some family commitments. We said our goodbyes to Ray, loaded up the bike and moseyed out on the road.

There is an attraction in SE Ohio that we have been wanting to check out for a while. Heading out of Marietta, we just slabbed in north to Caldwell and turned left. On Route 78, west of Caldwell, is the one…

The only….

Big Muskie!

Well, it’s the bucket from Big Muskie. Big Muskie was a big-ass dragline used to excavate coal in the area. Swing by and check it out some time.

There are some really big chain links still attached to it.

For a sense of perspective.

Big Muskie at work.

Just the facts.

Good thing I didn't read the sign before riding around the back side of the bucket on my bike to get this picture...

IMG_0446_zpsc1ae1452.jpg

Well, it’s the bucket from Big Muskie. Big Muskie was a big-ass dragline used to excavate coal in the area. Swing by and check it out some time.

Good thing I didn't read the sign before riding around the back side of the bucket on my bike to get this picture...
SQUID!!

Nice RR. Wish I could have made it to see Big Muskie, one of these times I will.
Next time for sure, bud. Hell - you're close enough! If ya get time to swing down, lemme know! Hopefully your better half will also be in well enough condition to come along!

Great report there Geek Man...
Thanks, man.

Got a few more boring pictures to share. Gonna be a busy week, but I'll git 'er done when I can.

Nice RR. I wish I'd have had a street bike for the 13 months I lived in Ohio. Might have made it more tolerable.
biggrin.png
And you don't fool me, those roads are neither flat nor straight. But I bet they ARE ravaged by Ohio winters and neglected by Ohio road crews! At least all the ones up by me were.
biggrin.png

Nice RR. I wish I'd have had a street bike for the 13 months I lived in Ohio. Might have made it more tolerable.
biggrin.png
And you don't fool me, those roads are neither flat nor straight. But I bet they ARE ravaged by Ohio winters and neglected by Ohio road crews! At least all the ones up by me were.
biggrin.png
Nope...Ohio's roads are flat and straight. You need to get down and ride the Dragon to get ya some REAL mcy roads!!!

:D

Flat and straight....compared to what? North Texas? Nope, those roads are super duper twisty! I need to get to the Dragon, but Arkansas is closer.
biggrin.png

Thanks for making me sorry that I missed it. Really appreciate that.

Maybe next year. I know the roads are flat and straight, but you really make the food look appetizing. Nice report.

Aaaaaannnddd... what's the other hand caressing there, Geek??
wink.png
laugh.png

Looks like a fun time... ya goofball!
biggrin.png

Ray took a pic of us – I just felt compelled to caress the concrete corn cob. Don’t knock it ‘til you’ve tried it.
I'd tell you but I was sworn to secrecy and there were no other pictures....... what happened in the corn patch stayed in the corn patch.

Aaaaaannnddd... what's the other hand caressing there, Geek??
wink.png
laugh.png

Looks like a fun time... ya goofball!
biggrin.png

Ray took a pic of us – I just felt compelled to caress the concrete corn cob. Don’t knock it ‘til you’ve tried it.

I'd tell you but I was sworn to secrecy and there were no other pictures....... what happened in the corn patch stayed in the corn patch.
withstupidsmiley.gif

Man what a f'n week...

I'll wrap this up when I get a few minutes. At this point, I'm not sure when that'll be.

Geek, you and the lovely Sooze always do an excellent RR. Please thank her for taking the pics that really bring all this to life. The only downside to her taking the pics instead of you is that well, she is behind the camera and your face is the one in the pic...
uhoh.gif

Another side benefit to this report is that I finally understand why your avatar is a concrete corncob.

Latest posts