Vintage Japanese Motorcycle show

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonerider

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
This weekend is the annual Vintage Japanese Motorcycle show and swap meet at the White Rose MC https://whiterosemc.org/ near Jefferson, PA. I usually ride up there to check out the older stuff and buy one of their tee shirts to support the club. Not many opportunities for interesting photos on the ride up and back, but I usually see a few classics that are worth the ride. Probably more Hondas there this year than all other brands combined:

DSC00899-1.JPG

DSC00901-2.JPG

DSC00892-2.JPG

DSC00900-1.JPG

Some folks rode their classics to the show:

DSC00893.JPG

Others hauled theirs:

DSC00895-1.JPG

Yamahas, though not as plentiful, were well represented:

DSC00896-2.JPG

DSC00908-1.JPG

DSC00909-1.JPG

DSC00910-1.JPG

DSC00894-2.JPG

A few nice Kawasakis also:

DSC00897-2.JPG

DSC00902-2.JPG

DSC00903-2.JPG

Plenty of parts:

DSC00905-1.JPG

DSC00907-1.JPG

And, of course, "project bikes":

DSC00906-2.JPG

An SR500, the daddy of Yamaha's new SR400:

DSC00912-1.JPG

The day's only Bridgestone, a 175 scrambler. Brings back memories of the one I had, a low pipe street version. These had a very interesting transmission, don't think I've ever seen anything like it elsewhere:

DSC00911-2.JPG

Mine was the only Madura there; no use even bothering to look for parts for it:

DSC00913-2.JPG

Don't imagine this guy had any luck finding parts, either:

DSC00898-1.JPG

Unfortunately, there seem to be fewer and fewer of the bikes I grew up with in the 60s, the Bridgestones and Suzuki X6s.

Very cool. I see some neat old bikes down here from time to time at our Thunder Beach rally in the spring and fall each year. It's mostly a cruiser crowd but I go and wander the parking areas and find some occasional gems. it's not a swap meet, though, so not everything's for sale, it's usually just pride of display.Saw a Benly at the last one, which was..... different. :)

Freaking Coolio! ..and nice to see a lot of bikes appear to be RIDDEN there too - or is that an illusion?

Awesome pictures, thanks! We have a classic Japanese motorcycle show/meet in Auburn, Ca. much like yours. Great to see the love for old bikes.

Freaking Coolio! ..and nice to see a lot of bikes appear to be RIDDEN there too - or is that an illusion?
There were a lot of unmolested originals that owners rode there; most of the "show grade" restorations were trailered. Another event in this area that attracts a lot of vintage machines is the Nostalgia Run held in Thurmont, MD, a poker run for antique, vintage and modern bikes sponsered by the Western Maryland Motorcycle Association, usually around the second week in September. I haven't seen any info posted yet for this year's; hope it hasn't been discontinued. From last year's run:

DSC00656.JPG

DSC00662.JPG

DSC00674.JPG

DSC00682.JPG

DSC00699.JPG

DSC00695.JPG

Latest posts