Virginia Creek Settlement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Small world moment on Hwy395: Shared breakfast at Virginia Creek Settlement Motel with Ryan Moore and a friend of Warchild, John, both en route to Alaska, while I had a short 300-mile ride over Tioga Pass ahead.

HYCLE

Hooligan #2
Reaction score
Sunday morning I was heading down Hwy395 to ride over Tioga Pass. We left the motel about 7am and would stop for breakfast before going over the pass.

The only vehicles in front of Virginia Creek Settlement Motel and Cafe were a KTM and a FJR. I turned around and went back to have breakfast.

Only two people in the place were Ryan Moore and some old friend of Warchilds named John. In fact John looks like he could be Warchilds brother.

Ryan and John were done eating and heading for Alaska by way of Taos, or something like that. Maybe it was Taos by way of Los Angeles. By comparison we had a short 300 miles to get home over Tioga Pass.

I organize a group ride to VCS every fall. Owners are Jimmy and Brinn and they're awesome people so if you find yourself there again, say hi and check out their accommodations as well. :)

Last edited: