• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Water Pump

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year I noticed seversl brown spots above the full line in my radiator resivor tank. I realized the resivor cap line went to the top outlet of my 2008 AE water pump. I removed the pump and looked at the parts diagram Partshark .
Only repair parts, I was not going to use a puller to remove the impeller to replace the mechanical oil seal etc and try to reinstall. I looked at a Gen III 2018 diagram and parts only to realize no parts a complete pump for Gen III same metal impeller. So I did a search and realized ALL year FJR water pumps fit.
This is a good deal... OBO...free shipping and not have to wait a week or two. If you have a Gen I/II use your outer w/p cover so the paint matches. The cover gasket is a formed O ring no worries mine didn't leak. I did use O ring lube on the new O ring the goes around the the input shaft casting you install back inside the engine block.
Torqued the cover bolts per FSM. I replaced the resivor cap and line and new resivor tank mine had a crack back side above the full line. I flushed the system several times distilled water before I installed the Gen III pump until water was clear.
I wish someone had deal like this on a new OEM pump when mine was starting to fail. GLWTS. I hope this helps .
Regards
Louis

Last edited:
Last year I noticed seversl brown spots above the full line in my radiator resivor tank. I realized the resivor cap line went to the top outlet of my 2008 AE water pump. I removed the pump and looked at the parts diagram Partshark .
Only repair parts, I was not going to use a puller to remove the impeller to replace the mechanical oil seal etc and try to reinstall. I looked at a Gen III 2018 diagram and parts only to realize no parts a complete pump for Gen III same metal impeller. So I did a search and realized ALL year FJR water pumps fit.
This is a good deal... OBO...free shipping and not have to wait a week or two. If you have a Gen I/II use your outer w/p cover so the paint matches. The cover gasket is a formed O ring no worries mine didn't leak. I did use O ring lube on the new O ring the goes around the the input shaft casting you install back inside the engine block.
Torqued the cover bolts per FSM. I replaced the resivor cap and line and new resivor tank mine had a crack back side above the full line. I flushed the system several times distilled water before I installed the Gen III pump until water was clear.
I wish someone had deal like this on a new OEM pump when mine was starting to fail. GLWTS. I hope this helps .
Regards
Louis
At the time I bought this my dealer was doing the 2nd gear recall. The shop manager informed me my pump looked like it was leaking, what it was looked normal to me as sweating. I had no drips of any kind.
I snuck back to speak to the mechanic and he said this “sweating” is normal.
Anyway at the time the dealer couldn’t get a pump for six weeks. I ordered this one from Partszilla and figured I could change it if a leak happened. Bike remains dry, ……..and up for sale. It may go to the new owner if nobody wants it.