Welcome to Seattle, Ouch! Bike licensing tabs ....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Niehart

Pie Smuggler
Reaction score
2010 Yamaha FJR 1300A

2016 $78.75

2017 $144.75

Fees and Donations

Registration License - Renewal

$30.00

Vehicle Weight

$25.00

Registration Filing

$3.00

Registration Service Fee

$5.00

License Plate Technology

$0.25

Department of Licensing Service

$0.50

RTA Excise Tax

$81.00

Total

$144.75

Sure as hell doesn't make me want to buy a new bike in this state. Rant over.

db

Last edited by a moderator:
Our car tabs more than doubled for our 2015 Subaru. Only about a 10 percent increase for our much older 1996 Mazda. I haven't gotten my motorcycle tab renewal reminder yet. But even though it's hard to focus on the sea of homeless encampments with my head bobbling up and down from riding over our pothole-infested roads I can still say, "thanks, Mayor Murray and Seattle City Council!!" Really, Dave, they know what's best for you and your income.

PA isn't quite that bad but we can claim the highest gas tax in the nation at .78 per gallon. Under our last governor despite his promises not to raise taxes the costs of all governmental fees like tags and licenses have gone up.

Thankfully we live outside the Sound Transit area.

I do have a beef getting charged the same vehicle weight fee for a motorcycle that a small car gets charged. Seems a bit unfair on that too.

89 bux this year for the Bandit.

I think there was a $30 weight fee and then there was a little gem

$20 - Spokane, TBD

TBD, more like WTF!

That gentlemen is what taxation without representation is all about. We're gonna take your 20 bux but we don't know what for.

2010 Yamaha FJR 1300A2016 $78.75

2017 $144.75

Fees and Donations

Registration License - Renewal

$30.00

Vehicle Weight

$25.00

Registration Filing

$3.00

Registration Service Fee

$5.00

License Plate Technology

$0.25

Department of Licensing Service

$0.50

RTA Excise Tax

$81.00

Total

$144.75

Sure as hell doesn't make me want to buy a new bike in this state. Rant over.

db
Not the whole state, but those in the metro transit area. But You'll have a lovely light rail to use someday.
smile.png

My sister who lives part time in Des Moines and part time in Chelan just switched their primary residence to Chelan County. With less than a year until retirement, they can't wait to get out of the rat race.

Thankfully we live outside the Sound Transit area.
I do have a beef getting charged the same vehicle weight fee for a motorcycle that a small car gets charged. Seems a bit unfair on that too.
The damage done to roads is proportional to the 4th power of the axle load. If a bus were only 10 times as heavy as a car it would do 10,000 times the damage of a car. A car weighs at least 5 times as much as a motorcycle so a car does more than 500 times the road damage a motorcycle does. A bus does more than 5 million times the road damage as a motorcycle. What kind of tab fees are buses paying? Oh,that's right, we're paying for all that bus damage. Thanks Sound Transit!!

This is why we can't have nice things.

Remember that politics are allowed on this forum.....if it's specifically about FJRs or at the very least motorcycles.

Unfortunately, in about an hour we've already accumulated a variety of commentary that is political crap not all related to FJRs or motorcycles. I have two general choices: Warning those personally that fail to comply....or closing the thread. Add in a dollop of off-topic posting...I'll guess I'll go with the latter.

Sorry to those that tried to stick to the subject. :(

Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.