Well, Damn It!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the input. This community is THE BEST!

@ALEX - I've looked for polishing rouge but have not found it yet...will keep looking.

@ANTVQ - Thanks for the advice on, er, "fade lines"...I AM NOT going to put a pair of undies on my side bags!

@JimLor - Nice quote...that's why I'm not fretting too much over these scratches...they are so light that I can't feel them w/ my fingertips.

@YammaHappe - I'm hoping these scratches and the ones on my helmet (brushed it against a brick wall at a rest stop) will appease the "motogods" for the time being!

Like I said, I seem to do the most damage to my equipment w/ the engine OFF...lesson learned!

And, I probably should have put each response in a separate reply to up my post number and get rid of the "FNG" designation but didn't want to become a post whore :D

Happy Trails, Guys.

Dude,

Turn the bike around and rub the other side, same gig with the helmit, then you call it "customized". I actually left an apple in my left bag overnight when bike was under a carport. Friggin racoon scratched the crap out of the black and blue plastic...I had no choice but to switch the apple to the right bag...and left a little antifreeze sweet snack for the perpetrator just for his trouble. We trapped him a week later..he was...uum..."recycled". I miss living in the country...all doors led to a bathroom ;) !

Bobby