Will 2008 Police gadget box (top box), front and rear crash-bars, mirror auxiliary light brackets fit on a 2001?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yowie

Reaction score
I really like the low profile top-box (radio box) that was/is used on many FJR police bikes. Really convenient and not obtrusive at all.
I've located some ex-police gear from a 2008 FJR, but mine is a 2001, so not sure the stuff will fit.
Does anyone have any info on this?
Thanks in advance
Mike Yowie

I know that seats, Corbin Smuggler and various rear racks are not interchangeable between Gen I (pre-2006) and subsequent generations. Can't tell you for sure about the police box but suspect it is the same...

Thanks.
I suppose comparing the two models side by side would be the best way to work out what would be required to make the stuff fit.
Cheers

I've located some ex-police gear from a 2008 FJR, but mine is a 2001, so not sure the stuff will fit.
Does anyone have any info on this?
Mike Yowie
It's not going to be a binary answer. Some stuff might, some probably not. And you must be talking about a non North-American motorcycle as it wasn't introduced to North America until the 2003 model year (which was 2002 to other parts of the world). But still a Gen 1 for most purposes though (except, for example the front forks and rotors)

I'd start by looking at the various parts on the Comparison Matrix we pinned in the forum.