• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB Right Saddle Bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevepep

Reaction score
Busted the latch on my right saddle bag. (2013) Dealer says no repair is possible. I believe the bags are the same for all FJRs The painted cover is fine, and I can install it on a bag with a damaged cover. Anyone have one to sell?

I have one from a 2008 AE that was wrecked in May of 14. The insurance company let me keep the side cases as one was banged up where the lid was wrecked and the other was just all scratched to heck. I need to pull them out in my garage, but I think the right side one is the one where the teeth that go from the lid into the base are bent. That doesn't seem to matter to you. Also I'm in Chicago and ride up to Wisconsin once a month or so. Maybe there's a way to avoid shipping. I truly don't know what to ask for it. Maybe dinner at a nice restaurant or $75.00 cash.

That sounds pretty good! I'm planning on transplanting my lid to the "new" bottom anyway. If you can drag it out and inspect it, I'm interested. Not too happy with the dealer quote right now. They quoted me $520 for a complete bag claiming it was a discounted price. Didn't offer a replacement bottom as an option. Maybe it was salesperson ignorance.