You're invited to the Big Money Rally!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just home from a 4 day trip doing the Big Money Rally, Dam Tour and Cafe To Cafe Tour. Pics here:

• 1 National Historical Park (BMR)
  • 1 Gold Dredge (BMR)
  • 2 Museums (BMR)
  • 1 Forestry Center (BMR)
  • 1 University (BMR)
  • 18 Post Offices (BMR)
  • 19 Summit Signs (BMR)
  • 5 Dams - 4 actual visits and 1 “Oh so close” before being turned back by snow covered road. :angry: :p
  • 8 Cafes
  • 2,445 Miles
  • 611 miles per day average.
  • Longest day was 754 miles
  • Very Little Traffic!
  • Two cattle drive encounters near Fossil, OR.
  • A few, but only a few, critter sightings plus the biggest wild turkey one can imagine. I swear it blocked out the sun for a time! :shok:
  • 1 Accident assist
  • 1 Ten 10 min. construction delay
  • 1 Codger Pole visit.
  • States visited WA, OR and ID.
  • Many many miles in Oregon on what, IMHO, are the best "Moto Friendly" roads in the PNW..... :yahoo:

The first stop was Neah Bay, WA (Cafe To Cafe) and the last stop, four days and 2,345 miles later was in Ellensburg, WA, (Cafe To Cafe). Then 100 miles to home. Spotwalla link here

The best vista of the 2,445 miles, and there where many worth noting, was the Stuart Range north of Cle Elum, WA. only 80 miles from home. They were as magnificent as I have ever seen them with all the snow, the unusual twilight lighting and contrast of the surrounding terrain. (I had to slow down to 70 or to take it all in.) What a welcome home!

My total BMR Points to date are 258,(Double Finisher Status?) with 15 more points and a Rootbeer Float this week-end at the BMR RTE in Issaquah, WA. There 8 other BMR RTEs in other cities around the country over the next two weeks.

The BMR has already been great fun for many reasons, however, it gets better and better as the months click off. Go to theBMR Site and see what I mean. There is still plenty of time to sign up and enjoy the fun. Likewise for Dam Tour and Cafe to Cafe in the PNW.

Keep Going!

Last edited by a moderator:
<snip>

*Details for the RTE are in the regional rides under Northeast. We'll gather at Vera's White Sands in Lusby, MD 11AM - 2PM.
OH MY!!

F7685.png

This reminder may be a good thing for participants to keep handy. Can't help but wonder if the police will be called to this event ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just home from a 4 day trip doing the Big Money Rally, Dam Tour and Cafe To Cafe Tour. Pics here:

<snip>
Jim, what a great ride! You surely are the master of motorcycle tours!! Thanks for sharing your fun.
You're most welcome John, and FUN it has been. Thanks for a great inaugural Big Money Rally. How are you going to top this?

Keep Going!

<snip>

*Details for the RTE are in the regional rides under Northeast. We'll gather at Vera's White Sands in Lusby, MD 11AM - 2PM.
OH MY!!

F7685.png

This reminder may be a good thing for participants to keep handy. Can't help but wonder if the police will be called to this event ;-)
If the waterbowl rumors about Hello Kitty's cousin are correct, popo calling is probable. I hope we can keep her under control. Oy!

Fun Day!!! Hope everyone else had a good time as well! About 15 or so showed up, Jeff and Connie Wilson had the most awesome Hello Kitty decorated bike and won the Smoke Chasing grand prize. I think a good time was had by all. Sorry for those of you who missed it. :)

A big thank you to Reno and his helpers. I had a great time with this rally and really enjoyed the format. Reno's rally books, especially the last one, were a ton of fun to read, never mind to go get the locations! Was a great time, thanks for organizing it!

One last thought, RJ, pioneering the tech trail soon to be followed by BIG Dawg Rallys.

It's inevitable.

Congrats John!