The Taming of the Throttle...update

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nanahanman

Reaction score
So I have done a few things to get better throttle control of the '06.

Spring unwind, cable adjustment, PAIR bypass and custom cutting the throttle tube to emulate the G2 cam profile.

After a few months of riding, i was pretty happy with the results.

A couple of days ago, I installed the PC5 purchased from one of the member here.

Flashed the Wally's Smoothness map and WOW!... what a difference

Throttle control at low RPM is very smooth and all of the babble and burble is gone when holding the throttle at the "on/off " point.

I had no idea it would be as much of an improvement. Very
smile.png
with the results.

I did get an Auto Tune module with the deal but I'm not quite sure what difference it would make.

Does it work with the map I installed to fine tune or does it do it's own thing?

I think I can use a switch to swap the PC5 from map to Auto Tune.

Would anyone recommend I install it?

Totally agree the PC5 transformed my 09 into buttery smooth. Especially noticable in 1st, smooth now and revs easier to the redline. Also seems to make smooth shifting easier.

Having had a couple of days to test, I do notice that there is more engine noise/ vibration rolling on the throttle at low RPM.

I attribute this to a richer mixture than the stock profile.

Not a problem , just an observation.

Any thoughts on the Auto Tune?

If I had the option I would use it. You can turn it on, let it "custom tune" your existing fuel map to a specific Fuel:Air ratio target that you choose. Then when you are happy with the results, disable the auto tune so it doesn't screw up the map later on if you have any kind of problems. Save that custom map and you can still switch back and forth between that new one and the "canned" one you are running now.