My new 2014 ES

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twisted

Reaction score
I brought mine home this evening. After a get off last year that totaled my 2008 FZ1, I've been bike-less. But, no longer. It's going to take a while to get used to the differences, but I'm looking forward to it. And, in the vein of NEPRT, after some arbitrary break-in period, I'll be using Rotella T6 synthetic oil.
blink.png
Love the color, too, same as the FZ (the faster red).

(fingers crossed that all the linking/pictures will work)

Nice looking machine! Great contrast with the black louvre - you don't get that with the black paint job that I have. I've only managed to put around 350kms on mine so far, but they're a fine machine. You're gonna love it! Congratulations Sir!

Nice! That's not far from here. My wife and I made a trip down the coast last summer with her new Mitsubishi RVR - beautiful country you have there. Would have been a nice ride - maybe one day.

The colour is great. Really nice looking machine. I love my black on black but I could be tempted. New Zealand has the choice of any colour you can name for 2014 as long as its black
punk.gif

Be prepared to lose your heart, as the FJR is known to take them....congratulations!

Thanks everyone. Rode it to work today in a little bit of rain. It'll never again be as clean as it was yesterday.

I hate to ride in the rain and only do it when caught away from home and no way to circumvent the stuff. The bike gets cleaned immediately after such exposure. Get the red side panels to replace the silver ones and you will be bombarded with curious onlookers asking if that is a BMW. Good luck with your new ride!!

Congrats on the new '14 twisted!

Keep an eye on the PNW section for goings-on up here. The spring and fall Tech Days are can't miss events.

Enjoy the new ride!!

--G

I hate to ride in the rain and only do it when caught away from home and no way to circumvent the stuff. The bike gets cleaned immediately after such exposure. Get the red side panels to replace the silver ones and you will be bombarded with curious onlookers asking if that is a BMW. Good luck with your new ride!!
I'm definitely interested in the red side panels. I think I'd like to modify the band under the tank to be black, also, maybe pick up a replacement for a Canadian ES. That seems like it would be a pretty sharp combination. Other mods I'm considering are: Sargent seat, Motovation sliders, top case, Ram mounts, ...

I don't particularly like to ride in the rain, either, but in Oregon where it's more likely to rain than not for 8 months of the year, you'd hardly ride at all if you didn't at least take the chance. That being said, I don't usually start a ride in the rain, but if it ends in the rain, I'm OK with that.

Congrats on the new '14 twisted!
Keep an eye on the PNW section for goings-on up here. The spring and fall Tech Days are can't miss events.

Enjoy the new ride!!

--G
Thanks, --G, I had been keeping an eye on the spring one, but just didn't get everything together in time to make it. I'll definitely be watching the PNW section.

I'm definitely interested in the red side panels. I think I'd like to modify the band under the tank to be black, also, maybe pick up a replacement for a Canadian ES. That seems like it would be a pretty sharp combination. Other mods I'm considering are: Sargent seat, Motovation sliders, top case, Ram mounts, ...

I don't particularly like to ride in the rain, either, but in Oregon where it's more likely to rain than not for 8 months of the year, you'd hardly ride at all if you didn't at least take the chance. That being said, I don't usually start a ride in the rain, but if it ends in the rain, I'm OK with that.
Congrats on the new ride! Here is what she would look like with the red side panels, the black 09 tank band, T-Rex sliders, and the louver wrapped with CF vinyl. Have been asked many times about my "BMW"!

DSC00705_zps8b8786b7.jpg

Congrats on the new ride! Here is what she would look like with the red side panels, the black 09 tank band, T-Rex sliders, and the louver wrapped with CF vinyl. Have been asked many times about my "BMW"!

DSC00705_zps8b8786b7.jpg
That is a beautiful bike!