Save your Euros-FJR Forum to Spain/Portugal October-2016!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
Save your Euros-FJR Forum to Spain/Portugal October-2016!

Planning 2016?!! Holy Smoke y'all look WAY ahead!
Also glad to see you'll be doing your tour on real motorcycles this time. BTW, A friend has a F800GS here, do they have both F700's and 800's over there? Seems a little redundant.

Don, you should start a new thread with a new title and link this thread to it otherwise people are going to get notices from the Tuscany thread and maybe disregard them.

Good call CopB8, I'm starting the planning early because this trip will be much more expensive than three previous FJR Forum European Tours: I am guessing around $5.5K, per person ese!

Last edited by a moderator:
... I'm starting the planning early because this trip will be much more expensive than three previous FJR Forum European Tours...
You should move to Michigan. You get 10 cents on each of your returned beer cans there. You can even get Bust to come over and cut your lawn.

He will then drink all your beer and then you will have even more cans to return for a profit.

... I'm starting the planning early because this trip will be much more expensive than three previous FJR Forum European Tours...
You should move to Michigan. You get 10 cents on each of your returned beer cans there. You can even get Bust to come over and cut your lawn.

He will then drink all your beer and then you will have even more cans to return for a profit.
This statement right here is why yamafitter - Billy Fitz is truly the smartest man on our FJR Forum, next to Fred W, ionbeam and RadioHowie of course! JSNS!

You're killing me Don...
rolleyes.gif

--G

You're killing me Don...
rolleyes.gif

--G
Por favor muy Guapo Jorge, allow me to twist the stiletto just a little bit more! Of all of the countries I have ever ridden in worldwide, only New Zealand beats Spain and Portugal for overall excellent motorcycling conditions ese! It is only money escapefjrtist, only our Niehart has figured out a way to take his Dinero with him! jes' sayin' and nuff said, Arriba!

Well, Spanky and I will be going somewhere in 2016 for our 30th anniversary. I was thinking about New Zealand, but this has piqued my interest....hmmmm....

Well, Spanky and I will be going somewhere in 2016 for our 30th anniversary. I was thinking about New Zealand, but this has piqued my interest....hmmmm....
Bob and Spanky, you will absolutely love New Zealand on a motorcycle; but bear in mind that Kiwiland will cost you twice as much as Porto y Espana, the guesstimate of $5.5 per person (including airfare!) on the Christopher Columbus Tour for a couple is much less with you two sharing a room and a motorcycle! jes' sayin' and nuff said, Ole!

If you are looking for Adventurous Riders to ride the World with You, you can always count on the Canadians eh! The Bugr's were the first couple to sign up for this:

Hola Chris and Diana, you're on Espana/Porto list and it'll be October of 2016! Please twist the arms of Tom and Pam, that damn Tomaso NEVER goes anywhere eh!

Don StanleyChandler, Arizona

-----Original Message-----
To: Don Stanley <[email protected]>
Sent: Mon, Oct 20, 2014 9:26 am
Subject: Re: We all had such a wonderful and exciting time together I'm planning our next Europe Motorcycle get together for 2 years from now, this time we'll be riding Spain and Portugal.

Hey Don,Diana and I are seriously interested.
Are you thinking March or October?
Either way put us on the list.

Regards
Chris

La Reina approves. Melanie and Brian in.

BB, Elaine and Pat are also committed to this!

Don,
That’s great…We’ll need time to save up, too.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Elaine and Pat

Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2014 5:04 PM
To: elaineandpat
Subject: October of 2016, I already have my Ride Calendar filled for 2015 and I need time to save up mas Dinero! Abrazos, Re: La Reina, Papa Chuy Viejo has found something you'll…

October of 2016, I already have my Ride Calendar filled for 2015 and I need time to save up mas Dinero! Abrazos,

I received an FJR Forum Group Tour Spain and Portugal pricing proposal from Anna Hertwig of Edelweiss Bike Travel, it really was not a great deal. All Anna did was guarantee us the 2015 EBT rates for October of 2016. We can do much better with Iberian Moto Tours, we just have to pack our own luggage! Mas Caminos y mas Amigos, Suerte! https://imtbike.com/tours/portugal/portugal-central-spain/ With our selecting the Self Guided Tour starting in Madrid the price for a solo rider sharing a room with another rider would be 3856 Euros, the base bike would be a BMW G650GS.

Dear Don,

Thank you so much for your patience, as I promise to send you the new offer please find attached the tour offer for your special Christopher Columbus Tour. This price requires a minimum of 10 persons. You can find all details in the written proposal.

I’m really happy to send this offer and hope to welcome you soon on tour. For any further question you have please don’t hesitate to contact me. I’m here for you.

Best regards,

Anna

Anna Hertwig
Sales & Marketing

EDELWEISS BIKE TRAVEL

Office:
Sportplatzweg 14
6414 Mieming / Austria

Phone:
+43 5264 5690-10

Fax:
+43 5264 5690-3

E-mail:
[email protected]

Web:
www.edelweissbike.com

Tour price in USD
All prices mentioned are per person.
Motorcycle category* Price per person
Rider (sharing room) BMW G 650 GS 4870.- USD
BMW F 700 GS 5120.- USD
BMW F 800 GS, F 800 R 5490.- USD
BMW R 1200 R, R 1200 GS 5990.- USD
BMW R 1200 RT 6540.- USD
BMW K 1600 GT/GTL 6920.- USD
Passenger (sharing room) 4130.- USD
Optional Single room surcharge per person 590.- USD

One is quoted in US dollars and the other is quoted in euros. Euros looks cheaper but after you convert it .... is it really cheaper?

Mi Amigo Tomaso, we get more riding days with Iberian Moto Tours: Total Time / 15; Riding Days / 13. We get 4 more riding days with IMT! Start / End Madrid Total Distance: 1800 miles / 2880 kms. Besides the extra days, IMT starts in Madrid and we get a Rest Day in Toledo. Malaga that EBT starts in is OK, but it is not Magnificent Madrid. Also, Toledo is Terrific, Edelweiss Bike Travel does not even let us ride near Toledo eh! IMT Rest Days are 3: Porto, Lisbon, Toledo

https://www.edelweissbike.com/en/allTours/true/cont/eur/christopher-columbus-tour.html DURATION: 9 riding days. Total distance 1460 - 1640 miles (2350 - 2640 km). Daily rides 80 - 195 miles (120 - 310 km).

DAY 1
Arrival in Malaga
DAY 2 Malaga - Seville
DAY 3
Seville
DAY 4
Seville - Faro
DAY 5
Faro - Santiago do Cacem
DAY 6 Santiago do Cacem - Lisbon
DAY 7
Lisbon
DAY 8
Lisbon - Zafra
DAY 9 Zafra - Cordoba
DAY 10
Cordoba - Malaga
DAY 11
Departure from Malaga

Tell me about your 68th birthday trip to Portugal and Spain. Terri and I may want to join in the fun.

https://www.imtbike.com/tours/portugal/portugal-central-spain Like I did with the Alps/Dolomites and Italian Tuscany Motorcycle Adventures, I will contract a Custom Tour for FJR Forum and AZ Beemers Club. Our travels will be per this link, but we will be Self Guided without a Support Van.

Iberian Moto Bike Co. will provide us with the bikes and will have prearranged our hotels each night, we just have to navigate ourselves each day!

We save a 1K Euros each by doing a Self Guided trip, I know Spain well enough I can lead us. Portugal will be new to me, last rode there in 1970.

https://www.imtbike.com/be/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/PortugalCentralSpain.pdf We'll fly in/out of Madrid, get there two days early for sightseeing. I LOVE Madrid!

Don Stanley

Chandler, AZ

[email protected]

Cell #: 480-440-4666

https://www.imtbike.com/be/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/IMTBike-Motorcylce-Tours-2015-2016.pdf

Looks great, now I just need to save up for trip.

Would you recommend K1600 for Terri's comfort, or which bike would be the smallest comfortable bike?

Will you be making a group reservation? Pay you or IMT?

With a married couple, do we need to request a private room?

I would like to figure the difference between traveling solo or with Terri.

I am guessing a budget of 10k to 15k USD, sound close? I don't know euro conversion rates or typical cost of fuel and meals per day.

I will work on my touring education over the next year. When do you need a commitment and deposit of funds?

You are a Great Rider so you would perform well on a K1600 for Terri's comfort, but the roads are twisty and narrow. When I ride Europe I usually go for a lighter machine, for example when Miss Donna was going to ride the Alps with me I went with a nimble BMW R1150RT. FJR 1300 would be too heavy.

No, I don't handle any ones money nor do I do anyone's bookings. What I do is negotiate on behalf of AZ Beemers Club and FJR Forum for the best pricing possible, working with Rainer Buck of Edelweiss Bike Travel and Skip Mascorro of MotoDiscovery I've gotten up to 10% discounts for a minimum number of riders. Usually the Moto Tour Vendors will not extend a discount unless you can commit at least ten riders, the more the better.

You could easily go solo for 10K and easily go with Terri for 15K, that figure even counts for sightseeing expenses in Madrid and other Ciudades! Not Alcohol!

"When do you need a commitment and deposit of funds?" Mike, I wasn't going to start on this until I got back from Guatemala but I'll get the ball rolling now!

HYCLE and Terri: I do have to warn that you'll riding and traveling with Canadians on this Adventure, may not be a problem for you but it'd freak Old Michael out!

The final group photo of our 2012 EBT FJR Forum Alps and Dolomites Tour …. photo is courtesy of "yamafitter"! JSNS, FUN!

front row left to right - Manuel, Chris & Diane, Tom & Pam
rear row left to right - Billy Fitz, Dave, Bob, Uri, Mike, BeemerDonS, Gary, Bruce & Dan.

day-6-18-L.jpg

Man…that looks fun.

WheatonFJR, You and Luanne should join us for the Spain and Portugal Tour in October of 2016. I'm negotiating with Iberian Moto Tours for a Group Discounted Rate. Canadians Chris and Diane, plus other couples such as Brian and Melanie Boles & Pat and Elaine O'Rourke, have already signed up! JSNS!

https://www.azbeemers.org/forum/index.php?topic=4932.0

Anyone interested in this Pyreness Extreme ride with Edelweiss? There is a requirement of 6 for the ride. You would fly into Barcelona,Spain for the trip. At this time there are three of us that are planning to do this and if we can get a few more, we can have a private ride. The due date for a deposit of 500 dollars to get a 250 dollar early bird discount is Monday, August 31st, 2015. Of the 500 dollar deposit, 300 of it is non-refundable. I am working with Peggy Cleary, US travel agent that works with Edelweiss for the trip.

If there is any interest, let me know.

Thanks, AZ Beemers Member Bruce Cain

https://www.azbeemers.org/forum/index.php?topic=4932.msg41130#msg41130 Not to diminish or put shade on the Pyrenees ride Brother Bruce is proposing, but please be advised if Papa Chuy Veijo gets his right arm back enough to ride a Moto then Spain/Portugal is a GO! 15 Riding Days:

https://www.imtbike.com/tours/portugal/portugal-central-spain/ This Tour is self guided by Papa Chuy and Brain Boles, IMT gives 20% discount off of the Euro Pricing:

"For 3856 base price Euros Iberian Moto Bike offers Self Guided Tours of Spain and Portugal starting in Madrid, a 20% discount from the Guided rack rate of 4840 E."

Self Guided Tours
If you prefer the freedom of riding on your own but like the comfort of having all the little details organized for you then IMTBike is proud to offer its SELF-GUIDED TOURS.
IMTBike takes care of all the tour details as on its guided tours but you can ride as you like without guides. IMTBike will make all hotel and restaurant reservations, prepare the tour handbook and maps, and even give you a pre-loaded GPS for the tour. An IMTBike guide will meet you for a comprehensive tour briefing the day you arrive, and we are always just a phone call away in case you have any questions. All IMTBke Tours can be converted into SELF-GUIDED TOURS by deducting 20% from the rider & passenger tour price. So if riding on your own is how you like to travel but you want to take advantage of IMTbike’s expertise then our SELF- GUIDED TOURS are exactly what you are looking for!

https://www.edelweissbike.com/en/touren/?c=4PE If you've NEVER ridden the Pyrenees then I recommend this ride over Spain/Portugal! 7 riding days.

1d5952dcef10777da18e8b8df4c47a7f_457x0.jpg

Please note that Brian Boles, Enrique Garza and Don Stanley speak Spanish; but we do not speak Portuguese!

If huron52 and yamafitter go with us to Portugal, then put enough Sangria into those Canucks and they will eh!