10/23-10/28: Run to San Carlos y Puerto Penasco MEX!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
Papa Chuy Viejo's 67th Birthday will be on October 28, please join Donna and I on this Sonora Estado Adventure on the Sea of Cortez ese!

318102_3512072515119_1543255045_n-2.jpg

10/23-10/28: Run to San Carlos y Puerto Penasco Mexico!

10/23: Nogales, Arizona staying at the Motel 6.

10/24: San Carlos, Sonora Estado.

10/25: San Carlos.

10/26: Rocky Point

10/27: Rocky Point

10/28: Phoenix, AZ

NOTE: Lodgings for SC and PP will be announced on Labor Day. Since my arm will not be moto ready, I'll be in a Bimmer ragtop!

41975894665.400276512.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x338.jpg

Passport is required for return to Estados Unidos, for the Sonora Only Libre Zona you will NOT need a Mexico Vehicle Import Permit.

HotRodZilla: AJ I'll translate this in to English later for you, just a damn shame la Mexicana Mujeres are not your cup of tequila ese!

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever you do keep Yamafitter up north. You sure as heck don't want to lead another group into a Mexican monsoon.

Whatever you do keep Yamafitter up north. You sure as heck don't want to lead another group into a Mexican monsoon.
No Shit Sherlock, you enter Mexico with either Maria Elena-MEM or Yamafitter-Billy Fitz you're 100% guaranteed it'll rain! JSNS, freaking Canucks!

I did not hear one bit of the weather data provided by her, I just kept wondering if hoping that shrink wrap she was wearing would split, unravel, rip, or disappear some how. My oldest boy is taking 2nd year Spanish in high school, so I thought about having him translate, but I was afraid he might tell his mom about the weather girl.

Good on you for getting out on the road any way you can.

I did not hear one bit of the weather data provided by her, I just kept wondering if hoping that shrink wrap she was wearing would split, unravel, rip, or disappear some how. My oldest boy is taking 2nd year Spanish in high school, so I thought about having him translate, but I was afraid he might tell his mom about the weather girl.

Cav47 why do you think mi Espanol es Excelente, Yanet's the only Weather Forecaster I watch. Never miss her show, greatest way to learn Spanish!

yanet-garcia.jpg

Don, is that San Carlos near Guaymas? If so, I've been there a few times since my dad lives there right on the bay! Beautiful area for sure.

Cav47 why do you think mi Espanol es Excelente, Yanet's the only Weather Forecaster I watch. Never miss her show, greatest way to learn Spanish!
Let's see distracted Don
smile.png
learned Spanish watching Yanet. This sure explains a lot! ese!

yanet-garcia-hot-photos-2.jpg

Wife: "AJ, did you watch the weather?"

Me: "Yes honey. I watched the weather."

Wife: "Well, what's tomorrow going to be like?"

Me: "I have no fucking idea, but the news was beautiful."

[img=[URL="https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc198/beemerdons/July%202015/yanet-garcia-hot-photos-2.jpg%5D"]https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc198/beemerdons/July%202015/yanet-garcia-hot-photos-2.jpg][/URL]Wife: "AJ, did you watch the weather?"

Me: "Yes honey. I watched the weather."

Wife: "Well, what's tomorrow going to be like?"

Me: "I have no fucking idea, but the news was beautiful."
Or...the areas with hills will be slightly covered but the valleys will be clearly visible!

Watched the whole thing. She speaks faster than a Thompson gun and has superb breath control.

Don, is that San Carlos near Guaymas? If so, I've been there a few times since my dad lives there right on the bay! Beautiful area for sure.
Allen_C, 1/2 of the residences are owned by Gringos and Canucks. Been tempted to buy in San Carlos, waiting for MEX real estate laws to change!

san-carlos-map.jpg

Great area for relaxing and scuba diving. I usually fly into Tucson, rent a car then drive down the 6+ hours. I will own my dad's place, via trust transfer when he passes or decides to no longer live there...this will potentially be my retirement home! Not sure about any good riding areas down there though?

San Carlos is very fun. Puerto Peñasco is closer, but either is good for a few days of fun. C and I may be in.

Great area for relaxing and scuba diving. I usually fly into Tucson, rent a car then drive down the 6+ hours. I will own my dad's place, via trust transfer when he passes or decides to no longer live there...this will potentially be my retirement home! Not sure about any good riding areas down there though?
Here is a great day ride to a wonderful overnight stay, our AZ Beemers Club Members Tom and Lynn Matthews own this establishment. If you make contact with them, por favor let them you know that you are Amigos of Don Stanley and Brian Boles. https://www.losarcossonora.com/index.php/thehotel/about-los-arcos

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g1061178-d1583471-Reviews-Hotel_Los_Arcos_de_Sonora-Banamichi_Northern_Mexico.html

Hotel los Arcos de Sonora has a 5 of 5 rating with Trip Advisor, great accommodations and great food; excellent patio for Happy Hour!

P1010646.JPG

We have a good friends wedding that weekend. So sorry.

That weather girl. Six kids and 20 years later that butt will be ...... big...

My Nephew Henry if I rescheduled for another weekend in October, would you and Dawn be able to go? Or perhaps, one of the first two weekends in November? At my advanced age it does not matter to me if I celebrate my Birthday on the exact date, at 67 years old: "A Nod is as Good as a Wink, to a Blind Horse ese!"

If we go to Mexico (Rocky Point) lets make it mid week.

> :( > :( > :( > :( > :(

"El Guapo" y "El Jefe", you two can decide the dates anywhere near my 67th Birthday on October 28.

Donna "La Princesa" and Papa Chuy Viejo are retired, we could go anytime en Octubre o Noviembre!

I'll just call my buddy El Chapo, I understand that he is taking a lot of showers now to get sand out of his hair !

Be very careful mi Amigo BB, I understand from an undisclosed source that the Guzman and Garza Families are related ese! JSNS, muy Peligro!