• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD - 2013 FJR1300 with Y.E.S. warranty FS Oregon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daasch

Reaction score
With a heavy heart I must sell my baby due to financial issues. I will truly miss this bike!

The basics: 2013, just over 18,000 miles, done ALL maintenance myself (not that I don't trust mechanics, but I don't trust mechanics!), lubed rear suspension linkage and driveshaft splines, modded battery access panel to be like the 2014 (you no longer have to remove the entire front end of the bike to get to the battery - just 2 screws and 2 push-pins), modded gas cap so that key can be removed and it can be closed without the key in, upgraded horns to automotive type (sounds like a mid-70's LARGE American automobile!), new Avon Ultra Sport 3D tires with barely over 1000 miles on them.

About the tires: This is the 3rd set on this bike. First was factory Bridgestones, MEH. Second was Michelin Pilot Road 2s, great when new, long lasting, but, for the last 2-3000 miles of their life - Not So Good. They wear funny (especially the front with scalloping and all) and this effects turn-in and cornering confidence greatly! Was happy to get new ones. The Avons are so far the BEST with one exception: as you may have read the FJR is Picky when it comes to front tires. Shinkos are known to wobble, Conti's get eaten alive, and Avons are known to wobble. These do. Anywhere in the 40-50 MPH range accelerating or decelerating there is a slight, just perceptible wobble. Given all the other great aspects of these tires I have learned to live with it (NO hands off deceleration!) and I feel it a small price to pay for all the advantages: Best ride, neutral handling, silky turn-in, and grip like no other! I'm talking SEXY grip! These tires have boosted my cornering skills and confidence ten-fold! ****, the new owner may not even notice any wobble. I'm super anal about stuff and tend to nitpick a lot. lol

Y.E.S. IS transferable and is good til 08/2018. BETTER than a new bike warranty by a 2:1 ratio. Oregon tags are good until 08/2017.

I really hate to let her go. I'm asking $8500 (which is a steal given the condition and cleanliness) and have a Givi SR357 rear rack I can throw in for the right buyer.

Located in the Pacific Northwest near Roseburg Oregon (about an hour south of Eugene).

Here is a link to my craigslist ad: https://eugene.craigslist.org/mcy/575...?lang=en&cc=us

Now here is an opportunity for someone at the Reuben Run or to Fly and Drive to the Reuben Run next weekend!

Now here is an opportunity for someone at the Reuben Run or to Fly and Drive to the Reuben Run next weekend!
Great point. Looks like a great deal, and a short, fun-looking ride to the RR after the deal is done.

@daasch, too bad you have to sell--hope you get that link working, or post pics and more details here.

Sorry about that link. Here's the new and improved version: https://eugene.craigslist.org/mcy/5756337467.html

Just to keep folks up to date, had someone call today supposed to come down Monday, Sept 12th with cash. I'll keep this thread updated with the status of this pending deal.

Bittersweet as it is, this deal will take care of my financial situation and also help me seal the deal on a sweet, low-mile 07 FZ6. Gotta keep it Yamaha y'know.

Lowered price - Now only $8300 and that's with Y.E.S. warranty! Only 18,457 miles! Maintained by a once great aircraft mechanic! Never lost a bird on my watch! Did lose my watch on a bird once, but I was young, drunk and over in England. Worth it!

Thanks Mike! Those canyon cages haven't fell off yet, have they? JK

Here's the link again:

https://eugene.craigslist.org/mcy/5756337467.html

Further price drop to $8100! And I'll throw in a Givi SR357 top case rack for free (no adapter plate, sorry) to anyone who mentions FJR Forum when replying to my ad. I wasn't raised in a used car lot, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express once.

It pains me, but I am a MOTIVATED seller. How motivated? Make me an offer and we'll both find out!

Bump for price cut: $8000 That's as low as I can go. Remember, that includes the transferable Y.E.S. warranty (good until August 2018) and meticulous maintenance on a very very clean bike. Why hasn't it sold yet? Because NOBODY has bothered to actually come and look at it. I've had motorcycle dealers tell me they can't believe it hasn't sold as CLEAN as it is. NEAR PERFECT is how one FJR loyalist described it. Call, text or email. I don't want to get rid of this bike, I HAVE TO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still for sale.
upset.gif