• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FJR1300 ABS Test Harness

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extrememarine

Reaction score
Posting this here (also posted in other FJR forums) - assembled by raYzerman - description as follows below. My part in this project is using the e-commerce site I use for EOM Registration for U.S. based sales - see links below.

The ABS Test Harnesses are now available.

Product Description : Wire harness is approx. 400 mm/ 16 in. long and includes a switch. Harness can be installed on the bike for convenient access under the battery cover, or used standalone to cycle the ABS during brake flush and bleed. Instruction sheet will be made available for download that includes photos of a typical install.

This is a simple harness that allows you to cycle the ABS pump on any ABS equipped FJR, which you should do during brake fluid flush and bleed maintenance. For simplicity, it does not have the two pigtails like the OEM harness (for multimeter readings).

ABS Test Harness can be purchased here - cost is $7 + $5 flat rate shipping. Instructions are available in a downloadable PDF as well - add this to your cart before checkout to get the download link (it's free).

Additional Ordering Information:
US orders can be placed at the above link. Price is U$7 plus $5 shipping by USPS, payment by Paypal. Shipping will be combined if also ordering the ABS test harness.
Note - If you are Canadian (Billing Address) and have a US Shipping Address, we're working on making that functional. Price as above.

20190206_104106-XL.jpg

Quick update - demand for these between the 3 FJR sites has exceeded our expectations - the ABS harnesses are currently out of stock - Ray is building more and I should have them on hand to ship by mid-March (3 weeks from today). The store will let you order, but should notify you that the item is on back order (for production).

I will update here when orders ship.

Wayne

I wish I saw this a week ago. I just did the deed using a jumper.. So I ordered one of these gizmos for next time.. And my two buddies that ride FJRs that need this service.

Great idea Wayne. Thanks for doing this.

This is all Ray (rayzerman)'s efforts - he's doing the assembly and did the instructions write up. My part in it is just hosting the items in the e-commerce site I have and shipping them. Buy Ray a beer next time you see him...

Wayne

I wish I saw this a week ago. I just did the deed using a jumper.. So I ordered one of these gizmos for next time.. And my two buddies that ride FJRs that need this service.
Great idea Wayne. Thanks for doing this.

Just ordered one. Checkout button wouldn't work at the cart screen but click the small + sign in top right and you can select checkout from there

For all AE owners this connector/switch will hook up to the YCC-S connector (under glove box) to access YCC-S DIAG error codes or write to EE-PROM for adjusting clutch engagement for all AE models.

I ordered TWO so I don't have to jump the two pins to access DIAG on these two DIAG systems. Ray posted this on FJR Owners Forum.

Louis