Bridgestones Suck

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWAD

Reaction score
I put on a new set of Bridgestone BT021 that lasted 2400 miles. What's up is it me, the asphalt or to much power. I think it's just crappy tires. Now i'm on Dunlop time will tell.

Bridgerock battleaxx's do suck. Think that is what I got out of them on my CBR954. That is more a sportbike tire than a sporttourer tire anyways. Road on a set of dunpops once. Keep an eye on the mold seam. For a time they were seperating there and dunlop wasn't doing anything about it. There was FINALLY a recall.

Have any pics of them scraps called 021's? Just curious if your front looked like mine after about 2300 miles?

No more BridgeStone's for me.

JW

I didn't have much choice as I needed a tire and my local dealer didn't have any Avons, so I got the BT021R and have put 5K miles on them and they still look like new. I have no issue with them.

Same here, got 4700 (probably the most for a rear so far) out of the rear 021. The 020 before that was 2300. I like em so far!

I'm at about 2500 on the rear, not even near half done, I don't think. It's starting to show a lip at the compound join, though, which may make some interesting feel in another 2500 or so. We'll see. I have not needed a front tire since I bought the bike, but it's getting close. Probably won't go for the Bridgestone front, but that was a decision I made before jwilly's "discussion" of the tire's merits.

I don't ride so hard, though, so I'm not ever gonna see a tire with rolled-up rubber, melted-looking edges, etc.

I had a pair of battelax on my Concours...I will never buy them again...Avon or Michelin are the ony way to go....

Well..... So far I love my BT 021's !!! (Even if they are still in their shipping straps!!)

Spent the better part of the afternoon with Haulin Ashe. He was helping me change both tires with the new Bridgestones.

I was very patient with him helping. You know you have to be careful not to hurt a newbie’s feelings about maintenance tasks.

After all....... he did real well since it was only his 10,000th tire change.

I was eager to learn and quickly asked him "Well what do we do first??"

His reply to me...... "Let's start by getting off the bike Rick........".

"Oh right .....".

Beal

Haters!!!!

This thread should be called "Another Whiney Ass Thread That Bridgestones Suck" :rolleyes:

Like like mine. :p

I can only hope mine are eaten up that fast so I can get rid of them and get PRs... Might be interesting knowing a little more about tire pressure this time around, but will probably go back to PRs when the factory tires are junk. I guarantee they will be gone long before NAFO... In fact, I should be on the third set of tires by then if I get some riding in this year!

I thought it was a great tire. It got great traction, light neutral steering and I got over 7500 miles on the rear tire.

I admit that the front didn't hold up quiet as well as the rear, but they are priced right.

I can only hope mine are eaten up that fast so I can get rid of them and get PRs... Might be interesting knowing a little more about tire pressure this time around, but will probably go back to PRs when the factory tires are junk. I guarantee they will be gone long before NAFO... In fact, I should be on the third set of tires by then if I get some riding in this year!
I think you have the 020's?

Post up, beotch! ;)

I have just over 4000 on my 021 rear and it looks like it will make 6 easy.

But I should have a pair of the awesome PR2's on their way soon....

No complaints on the 21's. My last set of 21's went almost 9k on the front, and still had a couple k left on the rear when I swapped em out for a new set of 21's. I'll admit the bike was handleing like my truck the last 1k or so. I'm looking forward to trying those PR2's from the group buy tho B)

I think you have the 020's?

Post up, beotch! ;)
At this point... I GOT NUTTIN! I am hoping for a delivery tomorrow... depends on when they get the bike in hand. Morning arrival and afternoon pickup. Afternoon arrival and Friday pickup. :dribble:

I'll let you know what I have. Like I said, it will be interesting to see how they do with the added knowledge I have vs the first set on my 05... I have been schooled just a wee-bit since then! :assassin:

P.S. Darned truck pucked on me Friday and has been in the shop since Saturday morning. Not my months for vehicles! :angry2:

Last edited by a moderator:
So far about as many miles as ToeCutter, 4000+ on both front and rear with at least 2000 more to go. I might get even more as I'm not as aggressive as most. I still got a set of Metzlers with at least 3000 left to put back on if needed. Who knows...not having the problems mentioned in this thread though but I will probabally buy to PR2's next or Metzlers which never gave me any problems. PM. <>< :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator: