That Center Stand Video

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob

Reaction score
So here is the Video. It is not much cause I have gotten better at it. I have found that handle under the bike and that is probably easier to use.

And I don't know how to make the little clicky thing so I will post a link.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I know. How was I to know how easy it would look when I got the camera out though. I should have posted the video of me trying right after I got off the bike and burnt my ankle. The problem there being that I was cussing so much I don't think YouTube would have let me post it and I would have gotten banned here for it.

I try to do it the "traditional" way, and it is difficult. I have seen comments like "put a GL1800 on a centerstand and you'll find out how easy the FJR is", but the GL1800 has a reverse gear that makes centerstanding easy.

Here is a good video for the "proper" technique

. It's on a Connie, but it works. I cannot believe how easily Rob did that sitting on the bike, wouldn't have believed it without the vid :blink:

Yup looks like a piece of cake. Of course it helps that he's got fairly long legs. I can't imagine trying that with my short 30 inch inseam :wacko:

I think my hydration kit base would preclude me from trying that, even after my hamstring heals from the NAFO episode.

I guarantee I use much less effort getting it onto the centerstand the way I've been doing it. I make it happen slow & smoothly, harder to get it down than up!

[SIZE=8pt][/SIZE]

(I should charge for editorial use of that last sentence.)

Yup looks like a piece of cake. Of course it helps that he's got fairly long legs. I can't imagine trying that with my short 30 inch inseam :wacko:
With a 30 in inseam can you even reach the ground on a FJR?

Yes I am 6'3" and the fact that I weigh 260 helps a lot. I have found that handle everyone was so proud of. It works just as well and I don't burn my ankle and offend my Mormon neighbors using it.

Never dropped a bike in 26 years (knocks on wood). I'll stick to the old school method. :clapping: