NGK Iridium Spark plug pricing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvtoride

My Indian name is "Pants On Fire"
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that last time I was searching for the iridium plugs (CR8EIX) for my '04 baby, I was finding prices plus or minus around $9.00 for each plug... plus shipping because I was looking on the internet. I'm not positive because this was awhile ago. Well, Thursday afternoon I stopped at my friendly neighborhood Bap Geon to see if there was a possibility that they might have these in stock. After all it is a 4 cylinder Jap engine & thought...... possibly they might have them.

The guy checks... none in stock but he can order them. I ask how much but he cannot give me a price until he speaks w/NGK. He takes my # & calls me the next day to provide pricing. The plugs come in boxes of 4 (perfect) & the price each plug was $6.49... no shipping charges, either. I went ahead & special ordered them.

So, is this a good price? If so, then here's a hookup for those looking for plugs.

Tell me, what have you pilots paid for them in the past?

Heidi

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC the last one's i got were through NAPA for ~$8-$9. At the time I did a web search and found them for ~$7 somewhere and plan on ordering them in advance when I next need them.

Since it bumps the service interval from 8k to 16k miles, the difference is minimized.

Last edited by a moderator:
My source has them for $6.94 each plus shipping. I usually order a bunch of stuff at once so the shipping is not that big of a deal with the money I save total from local bike stores.

Auto parts company specializing in import parts. Used to by my Spitfire parts there some years ago.

Arizona Motorsports has them for $4.90
https://store.azmusa.com/ngkcr9esparp.html
Gary, these are the non-iridium plugs. The ones I was searching for (Iridium-CR8EIX) last twice as long. Otherwise, this site would be quite a find.

Got a few of my maintenance items taken care of yesterday. Still have a few to go. I'm supposed to pick up my plugs fr/ Bap Geon the middle of the week. Good, just in time to do more stuff next weekend.

Heidi

Since it bumps the service interval from 8k to 16k miles, the difference is minimized.
Welp, that answers my question. I had planned to post an inquiry today. I changed my stock plugs last Saturday. I had 9k ond the plugs looked like they had burned clean, minimum carbon build up observed. I was wondering how long the new iridium plugs would last. Thanx for the info Bounce :D I followed FJRTech instructions and everything went smooth. Since it was my first attempt at such, it took me about 1.5 hours from start to finish--and no extra left over bolts :unsure: Took the FJR for a Sunday morning ride as a test and she seemed to be happy :yahoo:

6 bucks? Now, that's a deal! For iridiums? niceeee!!!

$5 CDN a piece, from local dealer, I think he looked up the wrong price but then hit me with $172 CDN for a complete set of break pads.

Chris

Guy on ebay sells them for 24.99/4 plus 6.96 shipping. Not too bad. I have ordered from him several times and always had quick shipping.

https://stores.ebay.com/Sparkplugssource

You do better with this guy if you do his pick any (8) deal for $47.99 B)
Yeah, I saw that but figure I couldnt get away with that or the wife would kill me. Between the Heli risers, service manual and several other items I bought I figured it would be wise to not push the spending limit.

B)

So, it appears that, at Bap Geon's price of $6.49 I got a purdy good deal.

Happy to hear.

Guy's tell me what you think. Looks like one plug has a bit more carbon than the other three. These are the plugs from my first change at 9k miles. I failed to number which cylinder they came from, because when I took them out they really looked pretty much all the same. Only after I took these pic's that I noticed one appears to be a bit heavier on the carbon. You think these look ok? concerns?

IMGP0222.jpg

IMGP0221.jpg

IMGP0219.jpg

IMGP0217.jpg

IMGP0216.jpg

Changed them out last weekend, replaced w/iridiums

Latest posts