Dontations for Beamer Reamer and Mrs.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Auburn

Reaction score
As many of you know and have followed the progress for Beamer Reamer and Mrs. they hit a deer riding 2up NW of Kettle Falls, WA on Saturday June 12th.

They were seriously injured in the incident. You can read about the ride and deer strike here : ride report

Both are still in the hospital and you can follow their progress here : Caring Bridge

Many have PM'd me and others expressing an interest to donate to their recovery. They have asked that donations be made to the Stevens County EMT Program. The program is staffed mostly by volunteer EMT's. The money would benefit their training and equipment needs.

We have set up a site for you to donate on which will go to a paypal account administered by Hudson and audited by escapfjrtist. The link to the site: Donations We will collect all the donations together and present the Stevens County EMT program with a check. Please donate by July 10th.

Any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me, Hudson or Escapefjrtist. Hudson will provide periodic updates as to the donation totals.

Current total: $1,000 as of 6/25

ADMIN NOTE: This thread was pre-approved by administrators as a special event.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hadn't seen this thread, but I had heard about it. Those guys and gals rock but tend to be forgotten and of course the helicopter crew and trauma hospitals get all the recognition. I bummed to say I just had my WFO money refunded (was so looking forward to it) and I will kick some to this myself.

I will add this: It is heard to know the true value of our veterans in this country, but we most know about their contribution to our freedoms and ideals. However, these veterans move on to do other things in life and lots and lots of our EMT, firefighters, safety workers, police, etc. come from the military where they continue to use their work ethic and training in the local communities. I'm betting a lot of these volunteers are veterans in one fashion or another.

Recognizing the all volunteer EMT's that bailed Colleen and I out is right on. Thank you all for thinking of them.

Bump to the top. Another update Auburn?
--G
Guys, we are at $1050 to date. Read BR's story, be amazed at how everything came together perfectly for his rescue, then realize that volunteer EMT's played a big role in his care and transport.

That's right. Volunteers.

Now get your visa card and make a karma donation. You'll never know when it's your time, and when it happens, you'll want your volunteer EMT's to be as well funded as possible.

Please no more donations are being collected here. The funds have been deleivered to the EMT's. you can read about it here linky

Edit: You can make dontaions directly to the Stevens County EMT's by contacting them at their website Stevens County EMT's

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.