Octane

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the basic, cheap(er) 87 octane gasoline. Never had even a hint of a ping. I try to use the 'Top Tier' stuff because of less sulfer. So far only available at Chevron (AFIK) here in Canada. Otherwise, I buy pretty much what is handy at the time.

Len

Guys, guys, it was a joke to get a "technical discussion" thread started. As to WC, what mix do you use, the 70/30 recomended by the owners manual? I've heard a lot fo people can get 20-25 extra HP by upping the WD-40 ratio, assuming a PC-III and the WD-40 map.

I've heard a lot fo people can get 20-25 extra HP by upping the WD-40 ratio, assuming a PC-III and the WD-40 map.
What I did was simply apply the WD-40 sticker to my rear fender, and immediately got an extra 5 hp put to ground.

True story. :p

5Hp!?!? :eek: Wow, I gotta try that. . .How did you get the sticker off the can? Is it under the clear coat or can I use a butane torch to heat it up and just peel it off? :p

My FJR runs better without octane!

Without the octane, it shifts smoother, runs cooler, keeps the tires aired up, and makes me look thinner.

I am tellin ya, its the way to go!

Greg

Guys, guys it's not how much octane... it's all in how much methane escapes from the hypotense of the parallelagram which recombines with the ionizing vapours of the compressed unobtainium where the power comes from.

Ask me how I know?

Cause I'm a fartsmeller... I mean a smartfeller :blink:

FtLFjr

Hey, this thread should be moved to "Jokes and Fun Stuff"

By the way...

I noticed that my FJR performs noticably better when I am following an old beater cage. You know the type, it is running so rich you get kinda woozy after a while. Well my bike must be suckin' in all that unburned hydrocarbon stuff. It gives her an extra boost to jet out and pass! I keep pulling over so I can get behind again...and again...and again. Try it sometime.

I use the most expensive, highest octane race gas I can find, then add octane boost and disable all the sensors so she runs rich on deceleration. The heavenly smell that comes from those pipes, man-o-man. Between that and the huge boost in power, you'll forget all about those expensive farkles you've been contemplating, what a money saver!

So that pretty much takes care of the 'ol lady, then I put 87 in the bike.

Well, it's time someone here got serious (yeah, I know) dammit. This is a serious subject, with serious consequences for the uninformed. I'm serious.

Just take some mothballs out of your closet and put it in your tank, you will have what you want.

Still use high octane fuel, just because if makes me feel better! Kind of like washing my bike and changing oil, nothing but the best for what I have.

My wife appreciates that! ;)

What ever you use for fuel, be sure to put a large Samarium-cobalt magnet in the gas tank. This aligns the molecules enhancing both power and gas mileage. This mod works best when coupled with a Tornado Fuel Saver installed in the air box. The rapidly spinning air flow working in conjunction with molecularly aligned fuel combine to release more BTUs than is contained in the gas alone.

:D :lol:

Hey, heard about the guy that invented a method to increase fuel mileage dramatically, he had a lawnmower that ran for days with just a little bit of fuel, it was getting the fuel so cold that they have to heat it.

i think if we can get who ever invented this technology to sell to Yamaha, we will have a winner, the heat from the FJR warming up the freezing fuel tank will balance out nicely.

I understand that the guy disappeared, either he got paid handsomely, or he got wack, either way, we are not going to get better fuel mileage as long as there is fuel left in the Saudi Countries.