2008 FJR1300 - Dear Yamaha, this is what we want.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bpoirier

Reaction score
I would like to see: A six speed transmission, color choice, more accessories available directly from Yamaha. How about your recommendations? Let's send them over to Yamaha...

Seems to me that the FJR is undersprung for much of America. Maybe the US model should have high spring rates front and back. In any event, just look at all the common mods, then this thread is answered.

edit: I don't remember what it was I wanted -- perhaps less weight, and more flickability, ABS defeat or on/off switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems to me that the FJR is undersprung for much of America. Maybe the US model should have high spring rates front and back. In any event, just look at all the common mods, then this thread is answered.
much of america is overweight

I'd like gold wing comfort, gsxr-750 handling, Paris-Drakkar rally capable, built in XM/GPS/Cell/Internet, under 300#, over 160HP, under $10K
other than that, can't think of too much.. oh yeah, current controlled color.
Duh, you forgot, amphibious with a trolling motor and a wake board tower.

Next time please be careful.

How about some really high tech stuff like a couple of helmet locks and some tie down points so you don't scratch the paint with bungie cords -- or a real luggage rack.

Mirrors that I can see what is behind me and not my elbows. :angry:

Crash protectors/sliders

Cruise Control... The one reason I almost went with a BMW versus the FJR. In the end this forum led me to believe I could add one after market. All thing considered, lack of cruise control seems to be in contradiction to "touring" part of the FJR "sport-touring" moniker.

CaryB

Standard cruise control and a few manly color choices.

Get rid of the horrid speedo and go back to the legible one.

Next time somebody says they think the FJR has become overpriced....I'll be sure to direct them to this thread.

And fairly pointless since the basic model will not be changed for 3 or 4 more years...just cosmetic stuff.

For 2012 - Lose the largely useless under-fused cigarette lighter and the half-assed handlebar adjusters. True voltmeter. True HID lights. A real red color. Open nose space back up for farkling.

Get rid of the horrid speedo and go back to the legible one.
Yeah...with BIG numbers like whats on a '60 Dodge Dart ...

dash.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.