BBG to Jacksonville

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mehaffydr

Reaction score
I am planning the trip to the IBA bike week ride in party in jacksonville 03/09/07. I have now done three SS1000 and am almost complete with my first National Parks Tour. So decided I need a little more! I am planning to leave Saint louis MO. on March 8 th at about 5:00 am. This way if all goes well and I can get the 1500 in 24 Great but if anything slows me down I will still have time to get a BB1500 and make the Jacksonville dinner.

I am planning on heading south out of Saint Louis to try and get warm weather ASAP. Then head a little West to get miles. And then haul Ass East to Jacksonville.

Any tips or recomendations on this route will be appriciated.

Thanks

Mike

BBG1500.jpg

Make sure to get a reciept in Texas just before heading west on what looks like I-20.

Take warm clothing for the night time portion of your ride.

Make sure to be well rested for the IBA party.

I am planning the trip to the IBA bike week ride in party in jacksonville 03/09/07. I have now done three SS1000 and am almost complete with my first National Parks Tour. So decided I need a little more! I am planning to leave Saint louis MO. on March 8 th at about 5:00 am. This way if all goes well and I can get the 1500 in 24 Great but if anything slows me down I will still have time to get a BB1500 and make the Jacksonville dinner.I am planning on heading south out of Saint Louis to try and get warm weather ASAP. Then head a little West to get miles. And then haul Ass East to Jacksonville.

Any tips or recomendations on this route will be appriciated.

Thanks

Mike

BBG1500.jpg
At Shrevesport LA hook a right on I 49 and go SE to I 10 and then to Jacksonville. Secondary roads in Mississippi are full of LEO and they really don't like bikes. Ask me how I know?

Once out of the Pensacola FL area on I 10 East its usually clear sailing to just before Tallahassee....loaded with LEO's....then once through that 20 mile stretch its usually clear to Jacksonville. I ride this route often and can make "very good time". Enjoy and be careful. If I can be of assistance in Jax just PM me and I'll send you my numbers.

Thanks for th tips from Turbo dave on the route and Roadglide for your offer of assistance. I have slightly changed the route based on Daves idea on roads.

Vectervp1, I am good on warmth I have a heated vest and heated grips and plenty of long undies.

Now just waiting in that Hydration system so as to minimize stop time. Hope it gets here in time.

BBG1500.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for th tips from Turbo dave on the route and Roadglide for your offer of assistance. I have slightly changed the route based on Daves idea on roads.Vectervp1, I am good on warmth I have a heated vest and heated grips and plenty of long undies.

Now just waiting in that Hydration system so as to minimize stop time. Hope it gets here in time.
You'll have it in plenty of time Mike. ;)

Thanks for th tips from Turbo dave on the route and Roadglide for your offer of assistance. I have slightly changed the route based on Daves idea on roads.Vectervp1, I am good on warmth I have a heated vest and heated grips and plenty of long undies.

You'll have it in plenty of time Mike. ;)
Thanks I figured so but thoght id throw that out there especilaly because I ordered mine late.

OK its Wednesday about noon here in St Louis. I am getting ready for departure on the BBG journey. Bike is ready. Hydration system is iced up and full

Weather is about 50 deg and sunny.

I hope all goes well I will br in Jacksonville to meet up with Smitty tomorrow about 1:00 Eastern.

Thanks for the Tips.

I estimate you will be coming through Texarkana around 1:00 or 2:00 P.M. does this look right to you. Unless you are critical on miles avoid the ride to Marshall, TX. take Loop 245 south just as you get into Texarkana, then pick up 549 to Shreveport, then as you get into Shreveport take 220 west, then follow your normal route of I49 south.you will save a good 45 to 60 minutes. If you would like, give me a call before you get to Texarkana and I will ride with you to Shreveport.

I-49 between Shreveport and Baton Rouge - there is nothing. 1 rest stop and a few billboards. LE's bad 60-100 miles North of Baton Rouge. I forget the county, but they Wolf Pak it there. Hide good too. Don't ask. Good luck. Be safe.

Don't know if you'll get this in time, but....

**HEAVY** LEO presence last week I-10 near BR, LA and again near Van Horn, TX (strangely Ft. Stockton was clear). I thought my V1 might start smoking after the duty it pulled.

Best wishes for a safe journey.

AGirl

HOLY CRAP What a day. I did it 1561 miles in 22 1/2 hrs. now I get my Butt Burner Gold. All went well no issues at all Thanks for the leo tips I saw a lot but they didnt get me!!! Now its time for a shower and a nap.

Ian the hydration system is great to have Im sure that helped minimize the stop time.

Thanks to all for the well wishes.

Well done MIKE! Congrats! :yahoo:

Did Darrell and his other brother Darrell show up down there?