What is the best oil filter and oil?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter

Reaction score
I would like to change my oil and filter on 2007 FJR. What is the best oil and filter I should? What is the model number and where to get it?

Peter

Peter,

Go read through all the other related topics in the NEPRT forum about synthetics, oil, etc... and then come back and tell us what you think is the best. We all have our own opinions, much of it based on what we have read on this very forum. We need some new blood to decipher all the BS and enlighten us.

There is no best. Er, uh, spoon.

If you want an OEM filter, or any part or accessory, call Mike Kolstad, University Motors 866-551-6478

I think we can agree on that one, mostly.

Last edited by a moderator:
The BEST oil and filter is the ones that you change according to Yamaha's recommended schedule.

Buy what you have the best access to and find affordable. That typically means you will change it as scheduled.

15W40 Delo or Delvac or Rotella and a Yamaha factory filter is my choice and recommendation.

Any discount or auto parts store has one of the diesel Delo/Delvac/Rotella oil brands in gallon jugs.

I would like to change my oil and filter on 2007 FJR. What is the best oil and filter I should? What is the model number and where to get it?
Peter
20WTroll is the best oil to get.....and great filters can be found cheaply here.

9 posts and 8 questions. Have fun playing with our new bridge dwelling friend.

Troll.jpg

Peter, if you are serious about all your questions, I highly suggest you Click and Read.

All your posts so far are questions which have been answered many times before. Search around and find your answers.

You saw this already Here...did you read it all??...are you a serious member??

Peter
20WTroll is the best oil to get.....and great filters can be found cheaply here.

9 posts and 8 questions. Have fun playing with our new bridge dwelling friend.

Troll.jpg
Definately troll-tastic. No way this guy couldn't have figured out the search or bin-o-facts by now.

Bait, cast, and wait.......