145mph with passenger yesterday

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feejer222

Reaction score
Effortless, rock solid and still pulling like a train. I love this bike. :yahoo:

I will sit staring at the post box in the front door every morning for the next week no doubt, willing it not to open. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Effortless, rock solid and still pulling like a train. I love this bike. :yahoo:
I will sit staring at the post box in the front door every morning for the next week no doubt, willing it not to open. :D

I noticed this post when it was immediately below the "Mature Riders and FJR's" thread. :D

I noticed this post when it was immediately below the "Mature Riders and FJR's" thread. :D
Good for you 'stale'. Very observant. Nothing I enjoy more than a wheelie or 2 down a busy motorway, followed by some knee scraping around town, all in shorts and a tee shirt of course.

I know, I know, I am an immature idiot who just rides for pure pleasure and not for the most important reason, which is to show everyone how I can stay inside all the speed limits on my 155mph 145bhp bike.

OK maybe 145mph was over double the legal limit and a bit silly, but it was on a very quiet motorway on a clear bright Saturday morning. Now I have done it, it's unlikely I will go there again.

Now, while I light my pipe and set this old chair a rocking, tell me that you never break a limit.

Wow, congrats on being a total idiot and endangering your passenger.

Wow, congrats on being a total idiot and endangering your passenger.
+1............. But it sure is fun, isn't it! :yahoo: :p
And the best part is, you didn't get caught!

"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"- unknown

And in reality, the physics of falling off at 145 aren't much different than at 70 if you are wearing the right gear for the task. Racers do it all the time.

The late, great Gleno proved that for us. Walked away from a 130 mph getoff, sent to the great beyond by an encounter with a minivan at 40mph.

We're all idiots for saddling up on these things, but we're happier that way, so.... :yahoo:

I know, I know, I am an immature idiot who just rides for pure pleasure and not for the most important reason, which is to show everyone how I can stay inside all the speed limits on my 155mph 145bhp bike.
Now, while I light my pipe and set this old chair a rocking, tell me that you never break a limit.
Be vewy vewy carefow 'cuz the post police awe vewy bizzy. Heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh-heh. :rolleyes:

And, yup, BTDT! :yahoo: During my excursion into the nether regions of the FJR perfomance envelope my ancient brain suggested this formula: road debris (pothole, jackrabbit, tree branch, etc)=death. My right wrist immediately responded by rolling the throttle closed. BUT, it was exhilarating at the moment. As with your report, I will likely never do that again unless out of fear for my life while being chased by a road-raged-cage-driving-maniac.

There are several here who are ex-racers or partake of performance track days and have the mental and physical skill set and visual acuity to control their bike at high speed (realizing the risk involved). Hopefully, with your connection to road racing in Europe you are one of those. Nevertheless, you've now done it and enjoyed it.

And in reality, the physics of falling off at 145 aren't much different than at 70 if you are wearing the right gear for the task. Racers do it all the time.
The late, great Gleno proved that for us. Walked away from a 130 mph getoff, sent to the great beyond by an encounter with a minivan at 40mph.

We're all idiots for saddling up on these things, but we're happier that way, so....
Amen, brother Toecutter!

OK maybe 145mph was over double the legal limit and a bit silly, but it was on a very quiet motorway on a clear bright Saturday morning. Now I have done it, it's unlikely I will go there again.
feejer222
Now, go to your room and don't slam the door. I'm afraid its back to the rocking chair, pipe and slippers for you. Puh-leeze don't post any more reports of this type. Let's save room for those who would rather post about exploring the limits of tire adhesion and scraping pegs while racing at a mere 60 mph in a posted 25-35 mph zone on the public roads while complaining about the stupid cars, buses, trucks and other motorcycles who block their pathway.

Sheesh...some of you need to take a chill pill and lighten up. I choose not to ride like that, but it certainly doesn't qualify me for sainthood or the bhema seat.

Good for you 'stale'. Very observant. Nothing I enjoy more than a wheelie or 2 down a busy motorway, followed by some knee scraping around town, all in shorts and a tee shirt of course.

feejer222, I meant this facetiously. No offense was intended. Oh, I've never broken the speed limit, today. :rolleyes: (That wasn't me on California's I5 yesterday doin' 100 for a stretch)

OK heres the thing, the last time I tried this was about 8 years ago on a 6 year old FZR1000 (solo). I had it at 160 at 11,500 revs. Thats what the book says it will do so I was quite pleased with the accuracy of the clock. I tried for another gear but there wasn't one. When I got home I thought through what I had just done. I realised the complete stupidity of it. It had been spur of the moment and as an open, quiet stretch of motorway arrived to coincide with a red mist falling across my visor. Had I been remotely sensible or responsible I would have stopped and checked the chain and tyres first. :crazy: :bleh: :biggrinsmiley: :biggrinsmiley: :biggrinsmiley: :biggrinsmiley:

In case it's of interest I am blown away by the stability of the FJR. It felt rock solid. Completely safe.

Promise promise promise, never again........possibly.

I know, I know, I am an immature idiot who just rides for pure pleasure and not for the most important reason, which is to show everyone how I can stay inside all the speed limits on my 155mph 145bhp bike. OK maybe 145mph was over double the legal limit and a bit silly, but it was on a very quiet motorway on a clear bright Saturday morning. Now I have done it, it's unlikely I will go there again. Now, while I light my pipe and set this old chair a rocking, tell me that you never break a limit.
Too much explanation IMHO. None necessary.

Jb

I know, I know, I am an immature idiot who just rides for pure pleasure and not for the most important reason, which is to show everyone how I can stay inside all the speed limits on my 155mph 145bhp bike. OK maybe 145mph was over double the legal limit and a bit silly, but it was on a very quiet motorway on a clear bright Saturday morning. Now I have done it, it's unlikely I will go there again. Now, while I light my pipe and set this old chair a rocking, tell me that you never break a limit.
Too much explanation IMHO. None necessary.

Jb
I was being sarcastic JB, but thanks for the support ;)

When in college, my friend offered me a ride on the back of his then new Ninja. For the most part I had seen him act responsible on it but with me on the back he decided to do 100mph THROUGH the campus' main street. At the end of the ride immediately after he removed his helmet and mine was off I proceeded to literally knock the living Shi$ out of him...left him out cold on the sidewalk. He never did it again. :)

I guess its cool if you and your passenger are all on the same page and there is nothing else around...I hit 181mph in a modified Twin Turbo Supra one time..wont say where but there was no traffic and my passenger was the owner of a C5 vette so he certainly didnt mind when I told him what I was about to do.

I know these things will do 145mph but it just doesnt feel like it...hit 120 in mine and my tach is waaay up there and it doesnt feel like it has a lot more to rev.

Afterwards, did she at least ride you like you rode the Feej??? Or did she beat the crap out of you for scaring the hell out of her?

Just out of interest, did you have the panniers on the bike? A topbox?