Avon Road Hazard Policy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runner512

Reaction score
Had a new rear Avon 46 for less than a month and approximately 1400 miles. On the last day of a 3 day weekend trip to the Ozarks of Arkansas when I saw the rear tire was completely flat. I pulled a small nail out that would barely hold a 4X6 picture on the wall. After using 3 of the mushroom type tire plugs with each one leaking down almost immediately I went with the tried and true string plugs and it held all the way back to KC for the 300 mile trip back home.

At this point I had 1400 miles on a rear tire that I knew would always be suspect but remembered the advertisements from Avon on the road hazard policy. Called my dealer I got the tire from and he said he'd sold lots of Avons but never called them about the replacement policy. Their rep said to have me come in to the dealer for them to measure the tread wear and they would replace it for free if it wasn't worn down past a certain point. I thought yeah with 1400 miles now it wouldn't qualify. Needless to say I was greatly surprised when they said they would replace it for free with a new Storm. At this point my front tire was getting badly cupped so I did a full replacement of both tires with Avon Storms.

Just wanted anyone interested to know that Avon not only makes a great tire but stands behind them as well. Very pleased with the Avon Storms as well so far.

Good info...

I had some AV45-46's mounted up last saturday, And the front tire has the built in tank slapper if you let go of the bars. This particular set, is the worst ones i have run. This is my 3rd set and while they are still the best handler, I sure hate the wobble :angry2: