Anyone tried these tires yet?? (Conti Sport Attack)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wicked Webby

Right is Harder than Wrong.
Reaction score
Hey FJR Riders,

I run Continental "Sport Attacks" on my ZX10R...And they ROCK!!! I have been researching my future replacement tires for my 07 FJR and found that Continental makes a "Road Attack" sport touring tire in the OEM sizes for our FJR's. Has any of you tried um?? Everyone that I know that have tried the Conti's cant stop talking about how fast they heat up, STICK like glue and hold in the rain. I know the Sport Attacks do and I wondered if anyone has input on the Road Attack versions on the FJR(suppose to be very similar to the sport Attack, same tread pattern, but designed for sport touring with dual tire compounds....Harder rubber in the middle BUT still very soft and sticky on the outsides)? Well, when I get these Metzler's burned up I will be trying them. Was just wondering if any have tried um.

Link:

https://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/...dattack_en.html

LATER...

Last edited by a moderator:
I just put them on, and so far........I don't know... they have a multi-curvature design with makes they feel weird. My first opinion in my bike feels like a 600cc bike, much more nimble and leans real easy.(Way cool) I've only got 100 miles on them. The reviews claim them to be better than pilot roads safest in the rain and because of there design, they have a larger contact patch so they grip better??????? Only time will tell. :rolleyes:

I just put them on, and so far........I don't know... they have a multi-curvature design with makes they feel weird. My first opinion in my bike feels like a 600cc bike, much more nimble and leans real easy.(Way cool) I've only got 100 miles on them. The reviews claim them to be better than pilot roads safest in the rain and because of there design, they have a larger contact patch so they grip better??????? Only time will tell. :rolleyes:
All new tires do this, no flat spot means instant reaction.

I tryed the Road attacks... They stuck like glue and peg dragin was no problem. The only problem I had was this at 2100 miles.. As you can see, steel showing on the rear. And into the wear bars on the front. I did a mile cost average. IIRC it was $0.11 per mile for rubber. I would not buy again, but you may have better luck with the Sports. You may get 1500 miles out of them... :dribble: ... Smitty

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

I think they are my favorite tires so far. They feel like a scalpel until about 3/4 worn then they get vague. First set of tires that wore out evenly at the same time for me at 4k miles, which is all I can squeeze out of tires where I live. No idea how they are in the wet, I used them up last summer

OEM Metz- Just OK

Avon Azaros- Good

Diablo Strada's - Good

But they are all butter-knives compared to the Road Attacks.

Next flavor will be the Bridgestones then the Storms, but as of now the Conti's will be the default tire. It's nice that they are cheap too. :yahoo:

Smitty,

Those appear to be the sport attacks.... The sport attacks have a much softer rubber than the road attacks and have that tread pattern(no writing). The road attacks have a similar pattern BUT have "Conti Attacks" printed in the tread(you would still be able to see it even with cords showing). I usually got about 1500-2000 miles out of my sport attacks on my zx10r... So I changed to the road attacks and they last around 5-6000 miles on my Ten. The rubber(in those pics)looks too soft(beaded up on the sides) to be the Road attacks. Are you sure they are not the sport attacks?

WW

All new tires do this, no flat spot means instant reaction.
This is my 3rd rear tire and my 2nd front tire this year on this bike, and these tires lean so easy that I don't trust them yet. It's not NEW TIRE syndrome its different tire design. I'm a seasoned rider and I've bought too many tires to count and these are just different. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: