CorsaIII/Pirelli Front Tire

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03HiYoSilver

Reaction score
I just put on the Pirelli CorsaIII on my front and so far they feel and handle pretty good. This was from that promotion a few months ago, buy a rear and get the front free. I have the Pilot Roads on the rear.

CorsaIIIPrt1.jpg

This is what it looks like after about 1000 miles....

Has anyone else tried the CorsaIII's on their front?

Last edited by a moderator:
I only went with a regular Diablo on the front & a Diablo Strada on the rear....I thought the corsa would wear out too quickly do to the weight of the bike.....would appreicate if you let me know how it wears....thanks....M

Mike,

Hopefully you will not be correct....I'll keep you up to date on how they wear. If I could just get a little bit more saddletime would help.

Jeff,

I bet you could....Thanks for your excellent writeups on your tire experiences, it is very informative.

Have a great summer!

CorsaIIITiresFrnt4-32.jpg
Pirelli CorsaIII Front tire 3k miles...So far sooo good[/url]

Well I promised a follow up with the Pirelli CorsaIII front tire, they were part of the promotion program last year. Here is what they look like after 3k miles and the tread measures about 4/32 of an inch.

They have been handling very nicely along with my PR that has 5K miles. No shaking or cupping but feel solid and grip well.

Has anyone else tried the CorsaIII on the front? Would like to hear about your experience.

On a side note, I just got back from a 1000 mile trip when I got caught is a severe rain storm on the highway. So bad, cars were going 40-50mph with their flashers on in the Fast lane of a 6 lane highway. The rain was not the problem, but the cars were...they would not get over. The Fjr rode through this fairly confidently going 60 and no feel of hydroplaning....I was surprised. In addition, with the flip windshield, MOST of the rain blew over my head and myself nor my gear got wet, another pleasant surprise.

Last edited by a moderator:
How has this tire turned out?
Any updates?

Later
The tire works and handles well for me. The 2nd picture of the tire is the wear with 3000miles and it still has approx. 4/32" of tread. It feels like the pilot road but perhaps a little better in its cornering ability.

6k on rear Corsa III and it got so thin it seemed like you could put your finger thru it. I complained to Pirelli and they wrote back and said "they were pleasantly surprised that I got that many miles out of it. This tire was not designed to be used by a heavy bike like the FJR and they would have predicted about 3k miles would have been the maximum wear of a track tire such as this".

6k on rear Corsa III and it got so thin it seemed like you could put your finger thru it. I complained to Pirelli and they wrote back and said "they were pleasantly surprised that I got that many miles out of it. This tire was not designed to be used by a heavy bike like the FJR and they would have predicted about 3k miles would have been the maximum wear of a track tire such as this".
When I bought the promotion with RonAyers, buy 1 get one free, I found the Rear to be not heavy enough in the side walls. I had swapped out the Rear with the Pilot Road1 and now have the Pilot Road2. The Front seems to be holding up better than I had expected...so far surviving 2 Rears and handling quite well.

CorsaIII Front tire @ 7k miles
CorsaIII7kmilesFrnt.jpg
Well since I have the bike in the shop, I have decided to get a new front tire while I am at it.

So it looks like with my somewhat aggressive riding style, they could last another 1-2k miles.

So about 8-9k miles on these CorsaIII tires for me and they did me well.