Pilot Road-2's have arrived!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crikey Mate! $295/pair! whew....I guess if they get significantly more mileage than my Avon's I'll bite but I gotta wait for some ride reports before I wade into those waters.

By the time I wear out my yet-to be-installed rear BT-021, there should be some definitive feedback about these Michelins, and hopefully a price reduction or two....

I just paid $198 for my Bridgestone BT-021 dual compound sport touring tire. It'll be interesting what the extra $97 gets for you.

we's some tire eatin' mofos on this board !
Now, THERE'S a true statement. I think it's a combination of weight, power and the fact that the bike is so well suited to adding more weight in the way of packing for trips or riding 2 up. Yeah, yeah, yeah -- it's throttle hand, too.

I swear I get less mileage out of tires on my FJR than on my XX (though, truth be told, I've not had the exact same tires on both), but given how fast the FJR eats Michelin Pilot Roads compared to the XX eating Pilot Powers, I think it must be true. I can only get 5,000 R and 6,000 F out of 'stone BT020s and only 7.000 R and 7,500 F out of Pilot Roads.

Looking forward to trying the Pilot Road 2 on both bikes, . . . and then I'll know which is the worse tire eater.

Last edited by a moderator:
we's some tire eatin' mofos on this board !
Now, THERE'S a true statement. I think it's a combination of weight, power and the fact that the bike is so well suited to adding more weight in the way of packing for trips or riding 2 up. Yeah, yeah, yeah -- it's throttle hand, too.

I swear I get less mileage out of tires on my FJR than on my XX (though, truth be told, I've not had the exact same tires on both), but given how fast the FJR eats Michelin Pilot Roads compared to the XX eating Pilot Powers, I think it must be true. I can only get 5,000 R and 6,000 F out of 'stone BT020s and only 7.000 R and 7,500 F out of Pilot Roads.

Looking forward to trying the Pilot Road 2 on both bikes, . . . and then I'll know which is the worse tire eater.
I'll be surprised if the PR2 does better in mileage than the PR. Then again, you'd think that was the goal of going dual compound...I know they missed the mark with the Avon Storm in that regard.

I've waiting for this day! If they are softer like pilot powers on the edge but like the PR's in the middle that would be the perfect tire. IS THE TREAD PATTERN THE SAME AS THE PR'S?????